Friday, October 15, 2004

Painting our Living room w/funny pics.. plus what happen this morning.

Remember when Lilly and Sophia used Permanant Black Marker to draw on my floor and walls? Click here for the before pics if you don't.  Like I said in my last entry Josh decided to paint yesterday and fix the living room up all nice.

I really tried to weasel out of helping lol.  I sugested many many times that after we moved and cleaned and stuff and junk that me and the girls leave and stay out of his way.  He wasn't hearing it lol.  So I changed into one of his painting shirts and one of his hats and put all my hair up.  The man drove me to drink I swear!  So by the end of the whole project I was 3 sheets to the wind plus the fumes from the paint.  Made it real fun and also kept the paint brush out of my hand for the most part lol.

Josh showed me the proper way to hold a paint brush and how to cut in around trim.  He showed me how to back roll and all these other funny terms painters us, but I forget now what they all was.  For the most part we had fun doing something together, not much yelling at all lol.  The most fun was when I got to spray paint my nic on our wall lol.. can you guess why we moved the entertainment center to that wall?? Just kidding.. it didn't bleed threw, we just wanted a change.  Josh did admit that was the longest it has ever taken him to paint a room and would of been faster if I wasn't in the way. We talked about our bedroom and I think it was decided that he will do it himself next time.  When that project will get done I have no clue.. We have something going on every weekend for the next month about.

If I find one mark on my living room walls there will be some graves in my back yard (jk) The ban has been lifted on crayons and pencils but I am watching them close!

Ok so this morning Josh didn't have to be into work untill 9.  So I made him go out to the store before he left me for the day with no van.  I was out of some much needed soda lol.  We live off of something of a main street to the main drag of town. So it is always busy in the mornings and afternoons.  The speed limit is strickly 35mph and we are right where the cops like to have thier speed trap. So ppl often obay it.  Josh was turning into our drive and I heard him coming and then I heard a dreaded crash and sqeeling of breaks too.  My first thought was OHHH NO MYNEW VAN!!!! When I went out to see what happen I was so happy that there was not one scratch on my van!  Aperantly Josh had two cars behind him and they was tailgateing him badly.  The first car must not of seen his turn signle or break lights (the sun was making kinda of a glare maybe) So when he slowed down and turned into turn our drive she slammed on her breaks and that made the car behind her hit her.  Funny how much damge one car can have and another one have none.  The first car's back end was barely dented, spare the licence place but the second car's front end was smashed bad! (it was a saturn btw).  The second car had two girls in it with a baby in the back seat.  That driver was hurt, she was having trouble breathing and was taken away by ambulance.  I don't think she had her seat belt on and hit the steering wheel.  Josh said he doesn't think they had the car seat in right because from what he saw it was turned completly sideways.  It was very chilly this morning and the baby was not dressed warm at all.  I gave Josh Sophia's winter coat from last year for the girl to wrap the baby in. When they left she did not return it btw it was a nice OSHGOSH BAGOSH one but it is ok.. Sophia was going to bearly fit it this year. 

 I better not hear later that they try and blame Josh for this accedent.  Our van was not hit.  They shouldn't of been following so closely in the first place.  I always leave at least a full car lenth when I can when I am driving. And there was a center lane they could of used to swerve or even pass him, that is what most ppl do when we turn into our drive, they pass us up as we are turning using the center lane.  I am just thankful God proteced Josh and my Van.  I hope the one hurt will be ok and it is minor what ever it is. Pray for her.  My kids watched all the comontion from our front window and when Sophia saw the baby she was crying cuz she thought the baby got hurt. My sweetie didn't even care about her coat being given away, she just wanted the baby to be alright.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah They sure cant blame ou guys. Glad it was not josh oryour van.HEY I lvoe seeing your iving rooma nd you working togethter. That is awsome I love the pics ofyour house. So comfy. Thanks for sharing. You arint suppose to look like a beauty queen gal you are painting. NOW JUST how wasted did you get or did Josh have to get you to paint. ???????? HEY TOnights the sabbath I ll be partiing tonight :>}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painting is fun.. I've dome one of those projects before too.
    Hmm.. next time you get crayo on the walls or something non permanent but seems permanent .. Maybe try the Mr Clean "Magic Eraser".. I don't know but its supposed to be like magic at getting things off like that.. but I have yet to try it. I did however send for a free sample... and have it sitting in the drawer .

    As for the accident.. the one who got hurt was in the second car who hit the first car right ? First off she rear ended the other so it's pretty automatic that it will be her fault regardless of the circumstances. Secondly.. there is a law for every 10-15 mph of speed you are traveling to be one full car length away from..another vehicle.. so , its again , her fault. I hope that she isn't hurt.. and that the baby is ok. :)
    The pics were great! Thanks for sharing them! Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a weird way to hold the brush. I couldn't do it with my arthritic hands. You don't look like you were much help. LOL kidding! It looks lovely it really does. Now give that fella a nice big kiss he deserves it. I like the picture where you were gonna paint him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures were too cute! I especially loved the picture where you seem to be threatening to paint Josh! :-)  The room looks really nice ... Sonny and I are talking about painting our living room.  I'm trying to weasel out of helping myself. Obviously I can't ask you for tips on that!!!

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. LoL "come here a bit closer and I will paint you!"  Aww the poor baby, that was so sweet of you to offer the jacket for the child.  Awww <3
    E

    ReplyDelete