Monday, October 11, 2004

weeping with those who mourn and what is the matter with stem cell research anyways??

AOL NEWS

It is needless to say that we are mourning an awesome person, actor and father and role model.  It is shocking to see Superman go out like that.  He had such high hopes of walking again. Let this be a reminder to us all.. life is very fragile.. we all die, life is a vapor of time.  First comes the death and then the Judgment of the Almighty.  I don't know where Mr. Reeve stood with Christ so I cannot say where he is right now. I know it is one of two places.  Either he is in heaven with the Lord Jesus Christ and all his tears are wiped away, he is in no pain, he is walking with our savior and is apart of that heavenly choir or he is in the other place, where there is fire that never ends, torment unimaginable and a permeant separation from God.  I could say by looking at his life he was a good man, a role model, he did many good works for those in his life and the community but according to the Bible it doesn't matter what your works are but where heart is and who do you belong too.  I do not know where his faith was or if he confessed Jesus Christ as his Lord so I will leave that all between him and God.  All I know is I will miss him and that I was really hoping along with him that one day he would walk again.

Now on to the stem cell thing...

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH STEM CELL RESEARCH! Did you get that??? I am not agenst stem cell research!!  There has been great marvels in the medical field.  Adult and umbilical cord stem cells have already been used to treat ppl with a wide array of problems.  I KNOW they have tried and tested embolic stem cells but to no avail as of yet. The whole debate comes down to life and sanctity of life.  Should a life be created just so it can be destroyed so it can produce maybe cells to help cure a major disease and add life to another? I believe the answer is right there in front of us.  Adult stem cells and the cells gathered from the blood of an umbilical cord produce the cells needed to experiment on.  I don't know I guess the thought of cutting and splicing aborted babies and embryos that have yet to be implanted seems too Nazi for me to stomach.  Human and fetal and child testing was done in those camps you know.  I think we have to draw a line somewhere.  Like I have said.. if you feel strongly about this than donate your own money for that research ... don't ask for government funding i.e. MY MONEY for that kind of testing that kills a life to MAYBE save another.

And even if it was proven that emboytic stem cells could cure all theses horrific diseases, would that make it right?!  I would not want someone murdered because they had the right parts to cure what ails me!  And that is just what it takes to get an embeyotic stem cell.. the snuffing out of a life.  I know I don't suffer like some do, and I know I have been blessed, but if the day should come that I am in need of such a thing, I would turn it down.  I would rather die than knowing something that was created to cure me coast the life of an innocent child.  NO, I am not agenst for donating organs or blood.. But there is a difference there.  When organs have been donated it is after someone has died of natural causes or from an accident or blood has been given and the person is still walking around alive.  It is not derived from something I find evil!  And yes I resize that some say well that is YOU and your beliefs, why force that on others.  Then I say.. Go move to China where they take prisoners (political and other) and force them before their death sentence is carried out to give up the organs and the State Benefits from that.  You want that here in America? You want that to become normal??? It will if we continue on this slipper slop of dequalifing what constitutes a worthy life.  I think Reeve demonstrated that despite a disability or situations, a life has quality no matter what!

And that is what I have to say on the matter.

5 comments:

  1. I agree. I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100% I believe God created life and HE alone has the right to take it away. Christopher Reeves showed by the life he lived that no matter how horrible the disability or situation, a life HAS QUALITY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm for stem cell research. And I don't know but I'm pretty sure the guy is in heaven..and if he ain't....Im not so sure I wanna go to a place that would reject such a person. If you love your child this much..then how much more does your father in heaven love you? So........if we went by that bible rule you mentioned about goodworks..and I would like you to tell me where it says that one stinkin' line..because that is not what Jesus said. That is not what he said! Anyway.....I wuv ya marybea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree too.  Sad about Christopher Reeve too.  :-(
    ~JerseyGirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with what you said on Stem Cell Research. -Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

    ReplyDelete