Thursday, October 28, 2004

Gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr HEAD LICE!!!!!!!!!

DANG IT!  WE HAVE HEAD LICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This sucks sooooo bad!

 

I noticed Annie scratching her head tonight.  She has had dandruf real bad in the past but something told me to take a look at her head just incase.  I looked in the normal places, the nape of the neck and behind the ears. It was hard to see any eggs because of her dry scalp but I did find a bug!  I could barley see the sucker because he was about the same color as Annie's head.  This all happens just as Tracy comes in the house to give Zane his guitar lesion and ofcourse she askes right away "should I leave".  Mannnnn  She gave Zane a quick lesion but she was here less than 25 min. lol I don't blame her.

I then looked at each kids head.  Same with Lilly I could hardly tell but I think I saw one or two (or was that dirt?) I didn't see a thing is Sophia's hair and she is blond so it would be easy to tell.  But when we got to Zane's it was soooooooooo easy to tell right away.  Ewww!  Josh boasts of never having head lice before and not even knowing what they look like.  I made him check my head and he thinks he saw some too!  That is going to be a nightmare to get each and ever strand of my long hair!  All this and we are suposed to be going camping tomorrow right after Josh gets home from work! I am so not ready and now I have double work to do.  Plus Tomorrow is the kids fall party at school and Annie is crying because she has to miss it now!

Amy said she will come over tomorrow to help me out with my head and she had some stuff to use on the couches and beds.  Josh is out at the store as we speak getting Nix because Amy says lice has started to build up a tolarance to Rid and last she heard from her kids school they was requiring kids get the prescription from the docs to treat it.

I think we just caught the begining stages of it.  And then Zane says "ohh ya some kid in my class had it the other week, i think".  I am just now hearing about it!  No note!!

New brushes, new pillows, and the shampo to treat it all for everyone but Josh in the family.. expensive!

5 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhhhh mary...oh oh mary that sucks. Rid costs a fortune...and you have to do it and then again three days later or it won't work. I know because my daughter had this friend I used to have over on weekends from brooklyn. EVery week she brought lice  here. We all would get it. Those little bloodsuckers jump all around. Tell josh it's very common. Soak the brushes and then dip in boiling water. The combing after you are done with the rid is the most important part. We used it so many times it was like they were immune to it we'd come and they would come out alive. The eggs hatch three days later and the rid barely kills them thats why only two doses work. I eventually stopped having that kid over and we never had them again. But another time a few years before that my kids entire school was infested with them..every single grade every other kid had it. Tell josh its common..and now im scratching my head I have sympathy pains

    ReplyDelete
  2. i said tell josh it's common twice. LOL well it is darn it

    ReplyDelete
  3. ::itch, itch:: Now you got me scratching! I remember when my daughter was in school and they hats they could wear for special ocassions ... well, she had a special ocassion and then came home with lice.  HOW special!  That hat was soon thrown out.

    Monica
    http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/
    http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/MamarazziInAction

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH man my head is itching we had it one time too. I hate it. I washed every curtian every towel every clotheing every animal bagged up and every matteress and pillow deliced and us too. Oh man it was horrid. Tracy works at a preschool so they tol dher to some herb in her hair. It really works. I ll see if she remembers it. I ll send you an emal. she use to work in a governement daycare those kids always had lice. She would get them Its awful. You poor thing. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. damn i have it n its funny cuz my sister just puked up casserole n i said i bet that would of killed it but .i have had it before n its absoluttly horrid.i wanna get all my hair cut off but then ill look like a freek..............

    ReplyDelete