Thursday, October 21, 2004

Field Trip time!~

At the beging of this month my second grade daughter AnnMarie brought home the permission slip for a field trip to the Zoo and she asked if I would go too.  I told her I would see what I could do but unless I could get a sitter I dought I could go.  I was talking to my friend Amy shortly after and told her about Annie's class going to the Zoo.  SHE is the one who sugested I go along, since it seems like Zane has been favored lately and Annie needs to feel special also.  She said she would for sure watch the younger kids so I could go that day and that was the end of the conversation and I forgot about it till Monday of this week when the reminder slips came out.  Amy and I have go in sperts where we will talk every single day for hours on end and then could go a week with out talking.  That is just how it is sometimes.  Amy has had some medical issuies lately and has had spent alot of time at the docs and also her kids sports stuff so we havn't chit chatted in awhile.  So when I called her house Monday and didn't get intouch with her I wasn't stressed about it.  But Tuesday I was calling her house and her cell with no answers.  I did leave a message with her mom and her son to have her call me but she may of not gotten those messages.  I felt bad that I only remembered the field trip the week of and had not reminded her but Josh told me he knows for a fact he over heard me talking to her last week about it.  I dont remember that conversation.  Any ways, I still havnt talked with her.  I resigned myself to not going on the fieldtrip and breaking my excited daughter's heart in the process.  And Lilly and Sophia too! They was excited about getting to go to Amy's house.  I told the girls that Amy has been sick and may not be able to watch them.  When I woke up yesterday morning and Josh was gone off to work I knew I was stuck home and could'nt get to go.  Then 10 min before Annie and Zane had to be on the bus Josh calls me and tells me he is on his way home and for me to get ready to go up to the school, he had yet again another rain day and he could watch the girls so I could go.  So at least Annie was happy about it.  Lilly and Sophia was not lol.  I was not prepared so I was rushing before Josh got home to get cleaned up and dressed.  When Josh got home he told me he had an apointment after luch with a differnt company for a job but he could take the girls with him, that meeting the guy was just a formality since one of his co-workers refered him and was a real good refrance.

So as you can tell from all my pics the kids had a good time at the zoo!  I am glad I got to go.  The teacher had it all planed out ahead of time and had a group assigned to me and if I had cancelled it would of put a wrench in all that. That boy Travis is a TALKER!  I did not want to be rude and ask but I think he has a medical condition and that is why he is so small.  He is about Lilly my four year old's size!  He is soo cute!  He has a brother in a differnt class that went also and they are about twins!  I plan on taking some of the pics up to Walmart or Walgreens and get some developed for the kids in my group to have as a memory of our trip together.  Yesss I am a picture freak lol

Zane also has a field trip tomorrow!  This one I really wish I could go to!!!!!!!  His class won a contest and gets to go to the Science Center and eat lunch with an Astronaut and free admission into the Space Exhibition where they get to touch real moon rocks, build a Mars habitat and other cool stuff I am sure!  They get to eat lunch and talk to and have a meet and greet with Col. John Fabian. Zane said there are still openings for parent volunteers to go along but I know for sure Josh will be working and I am not even going to ask Amy to watch the kids.  But the picture oppurtinites is dancing in my head lol.  I am considering letting Zane take the video camera but I don't think that would be a good idea.  I may call his teacher and tell her SHE could use it and take pics and I would put it all on a cd for her class later.  But aparently she is at some E-Mints training today so they have a sub.  Zane got a throw away camera for his Birthday so I know he plans on bringing that on the trip.  aww but it's not digital and we have to pay to have the pics developed, no instant gradification there!

Well I could go on and on with this entry since it has been two days since I blogged!!!  I will leave out the details of me ruining dinner lastnight and us ordering Chinese or the stuff about us following the Cardinals games and how they are just one game away from finishing up deciding who gets to go to the World series (Redka I really was rooting for NY so we could talk smak to each other lol sorry they lost).

OHhhhh ya I about forgot!!! Do NOT forget to go and vote what story line you like best at the A Journal Land Novel!  There are 3 story ideas up there and all are good!  I will not bias you by telling witch one is mine LMBO!  Go now! Only 3 days left till Lori closes the polls!!!!

1 comment:

  1. AWWWW it reminds me when I was in school only we did not get to go on field trips!!!!!! but hte school setting does. It looks like so much fun was had. our homsechool group does lots of field trips. We dont do many of htem anymore but we use to do more when we were younger. LOL I love hearing about this trip.
    HEY NOW I FEEL OFFICIAL. a real j land election!!!!!!!!!!!  Cant wiat to start the new story line.  Lori

    ReplyDelete