Monday, October 11, 2004

Road Trip.. weekend recap

I think I found a bunch of Autumn pics for this weeks photo scavanger hunt.  I am sure I will be out this week taking more as the colors change.

Sunday service was deeeeeeeeep!  I kept asking Josh.. Is he talking about ME you think? as I pointed to the pulpit. lol  Are you fruit and are you content with just being in the fruit basket????  Talking about fruits of the spirit and how if you are of the Good Tree you will produce and be product of Good fruit.  Also that you are not made to just sit in the fruit basket (the church) but to go out in the world and be a blessing to others and to share with those around you the Lord. Something along those lines.  I wish they would get on the ball with the church webpage and update the sermons.  Jessie was preaching because Gary was out of town.  Jessie is always a heavy deep speaker and when he gets up there you know it is going to be good and right from God.  He was one of the first I saw preach when I went to our church.  He blew me away and got me thinking.  I know it was all God, Jessie is just one God used to bring me around.  We don't put ppl up on a petistal and worship or follow one man lol.

After church we decided to get lunch and then go for a drive to see the colors.  We decided this would be a good day to do it since the sky was clear.  I forget how close all the winerys are!!!  We was out at Mt. Pleasant in no time!  The plan was one glass of wine and then we would leave.  We got up there and they had a band and wanted $5 cover charge (each)!!! NO WAY!  When did they start doing that???Augsta was wayyy too packed to even think about parking there. So we went out to Blumenhof instead.  It was our first time to this one. And they had a band too!  Nothing says Autemn like Octoberfest out at the winderys.  The classic cars and bikers was out in full force.  The place was packed so we went up on this out of the way hill that over looked the wine garden.   The kids had a blast rolling around on the hill (to my disapoveal but josh told me to lighten up).

Just a bit of a warning if you do ever go out there.. do not drink too much wine!!! The road back to civilation is very hilly and twisty.. easy to get off the road and you don't want to do that! You would end up in a big drop off or a gorage.  And the cops are always out in full focre there.  Just a word to the wise lol and a reminder to me for the next time we go out (I hope it will be soon)

I must say we had a good time, even if it wasn't just Me and Josh.  For the last two months I have been wanting to go out there just the two of us.  But family time is always memory time and Josh and I will one day be alone when the kids are all grown and gone lol.  We did have "alone time" when the kids layed down for a nap after we got home.

Enjoy the pics.. afew of those I plan on putting in for the photo scavanger hunt Sat.

We didn't stay up too late and gasp Josh even made dinner!  See I knew he could cook!!! LOL  We watched Desprate House Wives.  We saw the first show Sat night so we was all up to date for the second one.  It is toooooo funny.. and sad too. 

I got to talk to my friend Michelle from Milwaukee and we talked about the show. LOL Josh asked us who we related to on it... lol She said but I didn't repeat, the one who had the gardner lover lol cuz her husband wasn't exciting.  Honestly I can't say I relate to any of those women.  I can see pieces here and there of me but no one who fits me to a T.  You would think the one with the  4 kids would be me but I love my kids and enjoy time with them.. and if my kids acted like that they would get more than being left by the side of the road LMBO.

Michelle told me her good news and I was screeming and jumping up and down when she told me!!! SHE IS PREGGERS!!!!!!!!  That will be #2 for her.  They are hoping for a boy this time.  They started trying this summer I think.  She is like me.. dont take much to get us with child lol.  It will be fun getting to talk about baby stuff with her again. (and a bit sad since I will not be having anymore)  I told her I would make a special trip up there to be in the delivery room with her if she would let me.  She told me to get in line she already had ppl fighting to be in there with her. Awwww well maybe I can make the babyshower then??? She said she didn't think she would have one.. she doesnt need anything since she is a pack rat and has kept everything from her first baby. 

So that was my weekend.  This morning I got up with the kids to get them off to school.  Annie was taking her sweet time getting dressed.  I had to make her change like twice.  The last time she put on her Girl Scout uniform to wear to school and I told her no.. so I went and got her an out fit.  Zane was already out side for the bus.  I told him to tell the driver that annie may miss but she should be out there when she makes her second pass by our house.  Needless to say Annie missed the bus and the bus didn't stop for her on the second pass.  I had no way to get her to school so she is home with me for the day. blaaaa.  I should crap the wip with her and make her do house work since she has no excuse to be home.

4 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures. It looks like a really great weekend. So nice. I never drink and drive...ever so I don't have to worry about twisty roads. So funny about your little one wanting to wear her GS uniform to school. That cracked me up

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH by the way aout the sermon Im not in the fruit basket I AM THE BASKET LOL IM a basket case LOL Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your glasses and looks like a wonderful picture perfect weekend. Nice to put a face on the voice !!!!!!!!!! TELL JOSH that LOL Love hte pics of thekids. I think that is a circket. grasshoppers are green and a little bigger. Im no expert though LOL Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful photos!  I like semi dry wine myself, the sweet is "headache" wine for me!  Cute kiddies too!  Thanks for sharing your "road trip" with us :-)
    ~JerseyGirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete