Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Why does it always rain when I go to the Library?

Since I had the van yesterday I set out to acomplish something with it lol.  I got to the Library finally!  I returned what I had and paid my late fees.  I convinced the Librarian that NO I did not have the 3rd CD for Carmen when I org. checked it out.  She let me slide and wasn't going to charge me for it then.  The girls was very good the whole time.  Lilly wispered in my ear as I was trying to talk to the Librarian "Does she live here?" I laughed and repeated to the lady.  She laughed too and said "Oh no, but sometimes it feels like I do". I said it would be neat to live at the Library and sit and read all day.

We went right to the kids section ofcourse.  I told the girls only ONE book each this time.  There was a few other tots around and the socail girls they are had to talk with them and share thier books with them.  There was a baby there, well she was walking so maybe not a baby baby, but Sophia loves babies and went right to her saying how cute she is.  She looks like me MOM, she has my hair! LOL Talking to the mom we find out this baby has the name Sophia also! Oh my Sophia was in love then thinking she found the other pea to her pod.  Me and the other mom chit chatted for a min saying how neat that the old names are coming back to be popular but how when we picked our kids names we didn't think others would have thier name. 

 I sat and read to my girls and 3 other little girls a Cliffard The Big Red Dog book. Really I should get paid to do that lol it is so easy and fun.  But I think that is a volunteer job, no pay there.  There was this little oriantal girl who was very freindly with Lilly.  She loved being read to.  Her mom was off in the adult section and when she came back and saw her girl with us she came and got her saying sorry if she bothered you in a heavy accent. I tried telling her it was NOOO problem, it was nice and fun but she seemed embarassed and didn't want to stay around.

After the little book reading broke up I took the girls to pick out some kid music.  Annie has a cd player in their room and only one CD and I was sick of it lol so we got Veggie Tales songs and Songs from Whinnie the Pooh movies.  At night I like to put on music for them to sleep to so this will be a change of pace.

I wasn't even going to look around for me lol The last time I came home with  more than one book Josh had a fit and I didn't get all of them read.  But the movie section is right by the counter for check out so I ofcourse looked there.  First thing I found was a video put out by the Temple Institute, it was bout the Jewish Temple and it's history and also had some of the artifacts they have for it today.  That is the first thing I watched when I got home.  Very cool.  It was kinda stumic turning when they was speaking about the animal scarifices and how on the big Holy Days ppl would come from all over and how they would have to line up the lambs or such and they showed the special tools used.  It also talked about how the tempel is apart of the National Identity and untill they have it back apart of them is lost.  I know for a fact that it will be rebuilt and once they secure the temple mount it will only be a matter of months before it is built.  I belive they have all the Preists and Musicians trained, even done dnd to make sure they are from the line of Arron.  THe only thing missing is the Red Heffier.  Revelations speaks of the Temple and how in the end times the Abomination of Desolation will be set up in it and the false prophet will declair him god.  So ofcourse this stuff intrestes me big time.

The next movie I got was a dvd about traveling to Italy! *Wink at Ann*  When Josh saw that he laughed at me.  He doesn't think I will actuly learn to speak Italian and go there. Maybe not but I can dream and I can learn and grow.  And finaly I got an updated version of Ann Frank.  I plan on watching it with Zane.  I remember a few weeks ago he asked who she was and we tried to explain it to him.  He has watched Schindler's List with us before but that was awhile ago.  We should buy that movie too on DVD.. it's on the list.

I checked out and got my book that was on reserve.  Finally the last book of The Dark Tower Series from Stephen King.  I hope I like it better than the last one.  MY GOODNESS! This book is 845 pages! It is the fattest of them all!  I have not cracked it open yet, I was worn out last night and actualy went to bed before 10 p.m.!  The Librarian said that I still had a cd out called Harvest Moon.  I know what cd that is and I told her I returned it the last time I was here! I know I did! She sugested I renew it and look for it at home and if it is not there to call up there and have them do a search for it. ugh!  Ok so I will look but I know it is not here.  I told this to Josh and he screems this is the last time I check cds out at the Library and that he is sick of the hassel and having to pay for stuff. Oh we have paid maybe a total of $7 in late fees so what.  He thinks we will end up having to pay for stuff that we already returned. gurr.

So why does it seem to rain every time I go to the Library????

 

I did clean out the van like I had set out to do.  I even vacumed it out at one of those car wash places. Spent $2 to do it.  Ofcourse I should of waited till this rain had passed us because now it needs to be vacummed out again from all the gunk that gets on our shoes.  At least the trash is out of it.  I really want to keep this car in good shape since it was a gift in a way and nicer than our other cars.

6 comments:

  1. I love libraries too.. something about them , its just so peaceful and you feel like you are somewhat disconnected to all bad things in the world.. I especially love old libraries.. in the older type buildings, gives them more charm and you can go to stacks of books that seem like no one has touched them in years.. and such. :) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clifford books I always loved big red dogs. It rained on me all day and I had twenty errands to do and had to pick up SHadow (His new name is Lance) and of course it was pouring then. GRRRRRRR I totally understand does God think we need a bath. ????? Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Library ... that's what I should do today.  That sounds like an excellent day.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. the library. AHA! That's what I forgot. I have an overdue book. Thanks and by the way it was raining last time i went to the library too. LOL  HMMM, wonder what that means.   Hugs..Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there...
    I love your journal. I like Carman too. You know, I went to some preachers web site and he was tearing Carman down saying he was mocking Christ. NO WAY! That tape on the Temple Mount sounds cool! Keep up the great journal work. I will keep coming back. Tonight my AOL is over and done with! I think I have already e-mailed the new address to you.
    Love and prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet reading to all the kids. Um I can't believe josh gets mad about how many books you take out from the library. LOL Men are so retawded sometimes. LOL Good for you cleaning the van and all.

    ReplyDelete