Monday, October 4, 2004

The weekend re-cap.

I wish I could come back here and write a glowing review of the concert.  BUT we never made it to the concert!

Josh did not get home till almost 6 and by then it was too late.  His camping with the scouts for his training went great but he could not tare away to get home by the 5 start time and the required time for us to be there if we wanted to have the kids in the CB choir.  I can not even begin to write of the disapointment this brought on for my children.  They had been soooooooooo excited to go and to be able to get up on stage!  As 5 rolled around I started preparing them and telling them I dont think we will make it.  OOHH the tears... Zane and Annie have learned to take disapointment well but Lilly and Sophia are new to it.  I guess I should not of hyped them up so much for it or myself.  I have learnd that my plans hardly come to fuission so I hardly make any and go with the flow, but my children take plans made as little promises and when you break them, it breaks thier spirit.  I could hardly be mad at Josh, it was not completly his fault and he had warned me this may happen. Not wanting to waste the oppurtinity for family time and also kinda as a bribe to get them to stop crying we asked them what they really wanted to do besides go to the concert.  GO TO THE MOVIES! We have not been out to the movies since The Cat In The Hat (and it sucked btw).  So I went and looked up the cheap shows and Shriek 2 was playing.  Zane and Annie had already seen it but promised not to give away if we took them again.

So we went off to see it and that stopped the crying.  IT WAS PACKED!  Afterwards we went to DQ and got all the kids blizards of thier choice. 

After we got home and got the kids to settle into bed Josh begged me to go out and get soda.  He had not had one since before he left for camping and was having withdrawl lol.  I also had to return some movies.  So ofcourse I rented some more!  I about died when I saw TIME BANDITS in the kids section! I had to get it! Then I got the CareBear movies 1 and 2.  Then for me and Josh I got that Jim Cary movie where he gets his memory erased.. I can't think of the title at the moment lol and then I got Apocolipce, a move about John the aposcial and how the letters got out to the persecuted Christians and how they effected them. A very good movie and I was plesently surprised by it.  By the time I got home and made Josh a drink he was dead asleep on the couch.  I watched the Carry movie, I dug it, I got it... basicly you really can't earase some one totlay from your mind.. and him and the girl.. well I dont want to give away the ending.  Josh watched it and totaly didn't get it, he thought it was weird.  I guess he is just not a romantic like me lol. 

I should of gone to bed but snuggled up on the couch and fell asleep.  9:30 rolls around and Josh is yelling at me, ARN'T WE GOING TO CHURCH!  We missed church (again!) and spent the whole day lazing around the house and watching movies with the kids.  When noon came around and everyone wanted to eat I was look to as the one to go out and get it. Bla.. You all know how I hate shopping. Sophia insited she go with me.  So I went  up to target and her and I looked around.  It was fun.  We tried on pretty scarves and hats.  Looked at girly things like purses and shoes. What is up with all the big chunky heal shoes?!  I could not find anything I would wear and I need winter shoes badly.  ohhhhhh and I found the perfect leather coat. The one I have been dreaming and wanting for 2yrs now.  I tried it on and it fit just right! It didn't mush my boobs or was too tight in the shoulders!  I almost got it too! But $120 for a coat.. Josh would of KILLED ME! We have to pay rent this week.  So instead I bought a new rug for the kitchen $7 and some candles $4.50.  I did get us pizza rolls and milk and donughts and hot pockets for us to munch on.  For the kids I got them each a pack of stickers of thier fav charters.  That was only a dollar each.  When I got home and Josh asked how much I spent I was prepared to be yelled at but when I told him $30 he said "THAT IS IT!? and you got food?!" Yep.

Lastnight it was Josh's turn to return the movies and he came home with The Girl Next Door and National Lampoon's Lost Reality Shows.  I was surprised by the first movie, but it was a bit much and the second one DONT GET IT, skip it all together, unless you want to throw up (for real).

I was going to write about how Josh kept me up and the awesome sex we had.. but I don't think you want to hear about that.  Just one thing for the guys.. telling your wife how sexy she is in the throws of things really does the trick and when you both are done (MAKING SURE SHE GETS TAKEN CARE OF FIRST)telling her how much you love her and want to be with her for the rest of her life and snuggle with her till you fall asleep.. that is a big deposit in the LOVE BANK.

How did a player like me end up with a nice guy like him?!

(we took that relationship quiz and you know I was labled player but josh took it and he came out The Nice Guy, very fitting)

 

All right back to the girls.. gurr they have taken advantage of me again.. will nail polish remover get permenat black marker off the hardwood floor??? or will that kill the finish?  We will see.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you missed the concert, but glad you had a good family time anyway. : ) What  is sex? It has been soooo long that I think I have forgotten it all...  : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wel share the details girl on the sex. !!!!!!!!!!! now you have to LOL Just kidding. I m so sorry you did not make the conert. That bUMS BIG Time. Wish I could send you a hug. HERE {{{{{{{MARY}}}}}}}}}} , I hate when I see bad movies I had heard cat in the hat was not good N ow for sure I wont see it. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very racy entry for you Mary. I am shocked and surprised. But laughing my head off just the same. Yes you are right!

    As for missing the concert...oh im so sorry that sucks. Your poor babies. But you are a good mommy and made it up to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! LOL.  Glad the nice guy pleased the player, LOL
    ~JerseyGirl

    ReplyDelete