Friday, October 15, 2004

OH Ya! I about forgot!

A few days ago I took these pics.  I was cleaning out some of my junk from Zane's room.  When My mom came to visit us last time she gave us all these goodies and I have had them stored away not knowing what to do with it all.

I never even looked at the China!  Foolishly I said ohh we have Josh's Mom's I will just hold these for Marcy till she has room for them.  Now I see them and I WANT THEM!  But no... Josh is making me be good and hold my promise I made.  So I will put them away so I don't covet them.  But if my family does come down for Thanksgiving I will get them out.

Also Mom gave me some of my dad's stuff.  Notice the stamp collection!  Some of these are really old I am sure!  Any one a collector? I think we are sitting on a good investment here lol but I have no clue what they are worth.  It's not a compleet colection.  I remember dad used to have a coin collection too but I think us kids got into it along time ago not knowing better.  I'll probly end up passing the stamps on to Zane.

I did hang up the pics.  I think they found a good place on over my window there and also in my hall way.  The one with the fruit I want to get something to complemnt it.  I was thinking of framing that pic with our wine glasses and putting it by there.  And also now I dont have to buy Christmas cards lol thanks MOM!  She is a pack rat and her husband John is a neat freak so I inherit all her clutter lol.

That does it!! Almost every light in my house is burned out!  I am going to go and buy those true to life light bulbs I keep seeing advertised!  And they better be worth it!

8 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! thanks for stopping in at my "house" and to answer your question. It was me Lawrence was talking about (my entry for today) There are only three ladies in this office, and Im the only one going to work for Dice. More happened today and he wont even acknowledge me now, so I think Im pretty safe in my assesment. It's true what they say, you learn who your friends are.
    take care my friend!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH man it seems once one bulb goes the others all go. EVERY BULB goes at once. Okay now those dishes will mean more to your kids if they are used not only by grandma but by you. SO You need to use them now so they have memories. It will realy make them all th emore special. Now I m gonna go look at the pics. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love the china its pretty. AND by the way////////// I LOVE Absolutly love the big window you have. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice China! Very nice indeed! As for the stamps.. What I do know aout stamps is that they are worth more if they haven't been used.. meaning no postage mark and just put in the book. Secondly , there is still a search for an upside down airmail plane stamp.. that is worth huge money so take a good look for it! :) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is some stamp collection. I don't understand why you don't decorate your china cabinet with those dishes. I would. LOL it would look lovely and homey and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That china is beautiful.  Do you think she would mind if you kept it in the china cabinet until she is ready to have it back?  Have you thought to ask her.  It might be safer there!

    That would be cool to look at the old stamps.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. OoOo what pretty China!  Marcy won't minddd if you just use them a littttllleee..
    Tee hee,
    E

    p.s. you are so sweet for defending me against beetchy ex girlfriend.  Love you!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do a search on Ebay and you'll get an idea of what the stamps are going for !  Nice china too!  Very pretty!
    ~JerseyGirl

    ReplyDelete