Monday, October 25, 2004

Starving Artist AND My Pastor.. a modern day Job?(Job as in the bible, not as in work lol)

Old Mother Hubberd went to the cuberd to get her dog a bone.. you know how that nursery ryme turns out... that is about the condition of my cuberts and my refrigerater. Noo I am not grumbling and complaining.. there is food there.. just the stuff no one will eat. Canned Salmon, Pork and Beans, Apracots, Big box of Bizquick, a few cans of tomato soup (but not enogh for everyone to have a meal) and a box of poppyseads mix of muffins and white long cook rice. In the fridge we have a tub of vegtibal spread (supstitute for butter) a bag of onions and all the condiments on the door, freezer just one pound of ground turkey, a package of peta bread, and ice.  We have half a loaf of bread and hot dog buns. ohhh wait we do have a big big jar of peanut butter (kids would die with out thier peanut butter)

It is obvoius I need to go shopping! And I would.. if I had the money to.  Josh's paycheck gets mailed to us and it is always on time.  Well not this week!!! It is suposed to be here on Thursday 1:00 on the dot is when our mail comes. Today is Monday so you get my point.  We survived the weekend and every one was well fed. I let Josh cut up my stock pile of little party weeners that I was saving for the next homegroup and we also cooked up the last of our chicken and made soup with the chicken broth we did have.  Kids ate up the last of the cereal.  Last night I took the our last $13 and got soft tacos for everyone at Taco Bell.  Not very satisfing for me but it is what Sophia begged for.

Even if his check was on time it will only have 3 full days on it and that may just cover the checks I have floating and the aol direct withdrawl.  I am afraid to look at my acount and see if our rent check cleared or not.  When we wrote it the money was in there but the lady at the land lord's office likes to hold our checks for some reason and wait till we have dipped into the money that is suposed to be for rent.. then she depsoits it and ofcourse it comes back and bounces. I tell Josh each month to give her a money order or cash but he prepfers to play the check game.  And then I read this articl about how banks are changing how they are cashing checks, making it faster and how that is going to mess alot of ppl up.   I found myself eyeing the box we have set aside at church that goes to the food pantry.  If that paycheck doesn't get here today Josh is going to the office (old company he is at a new one now) and ask them to issue him a new check and give it over to him.  We are getting hungry!  This new company he is with is keeping him busy and that is always a good thing.  He worked for them last week for a few days and they have him working all this week.  He said they would give some over time but this weekend we have a planned camping trip with the Cub Scouts.

So I went this website the other dayNational Novel Writing Month - National Novel Writing Month off of Ramblings of SheWhoReads.  I have been bitten by the writting bug and like a fool joined up.  I made Josh guess what I wanted to do, trying to break it to him because this WILL be time consuming if I want to meet the last day of Nov dead line.  You think I can write 50,000 words in a months time??  I am kinda working on the out line and charthers since to be fair I can't start writting the story until November 1st.  I am thinking of using the story I submitted into The Journal Land Novel.. *snif* since it wasn't picked for this time arounds story.  I am also doing some research too. lol  So that is where the starving artist comes in.

I also wanted to put a little bit in about my Pastor Bill Kaber. I love him soooo much.  He is one of the sweatest persons you will ever meet.  He really does  have a Pastor's Heart. I could tell you story after story about him and build him up big time but I don't have the room.  Just know he is a wonderful man of God and he is obedaint to him.  When my family first came to our church Kathy had told us he was battleing bone cancer (a rare form) but I would of never guessed it untill this last time when he went threw all the cemo and radiation.  People with this type of bone cancer they say DO NOT make it but Bill fought it hard and trusted in God to see him threw and holding each promise God had ever given him.  And he made it!! I am not up on all the jargin but aperntly his counts was very low but not low enghough to be considered in remision.  at the begining of last Spring he went down to Florida and did the stem cell transplant thing.  The one where they take his own healthy stem cells and grow them and then give them back to him.  This too made him very sick since before they give yout he stem cells they have to strip your imune system down but he made it threw.  He seemed to be doing so well this summer and you kinda forget that he was ever sick.  Then this week we found out that they did an MRI on him and found tumors on his spine.  So it is back to the radation for him they say.  Bill gave the message this week and it was very moving.  I am crying now just remembering it. Talking about how we don't know everything, we dont have the mind of God and how we are being changed each day with each trail.  If life was perfect we would have no need to get on our knees and depend on him and trust him.  That it is all for his glory, no matter the out come or what we see with our natural eyes.  He is our strenth.. it was just an awesome message.  I was going to get a tape of it but they wasnt ready to copey it and promised to get one to me Wed.  I am also going to ask if the person in charge of the website has just been busy or what? It hasnt been updated in forever and some of the messages at church I want to share so much with my friends here.  I am going to offer to help out if they will let me with putting the sermans on the webpage.  So please keep Bill in your fervant prayers and our fellowship too.  We are talking about another church joining us, kinda melting together and becoming one.

3 comments:

  1. I remember when I was young and my Mom got payed every 2 weeks and we would be down to stuff I hated to eat.I can laugh about it now...we had it sooo hard,my Mom had 4 kids and no support!Our fun was going to Food Town and getting food! We did not have a walmart or anything near us!Boy those were the good ole days!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about those Mother Hubbard days. It can be pretty tough but the Lord never lets us do without. Hugs. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your seven ups above. that is so awsome and the fall graphics. I m so sorry for you I wish you was here I would help you. Im so sorry I just dont know how to help you. I wish I could wiggle my nose and make that hceck appear. Has Joshed asked if they ocudl write him another check??????? Oh man i wouldloan you money and get you some food if I was there. Are there any food bank s there. We have a few in our smalll town churches that have congregation memebers give them food and they keep it and hand out to those who need it. Lori

    ReplyDelete