Wednesday, January 19, 2005

28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28!! there it is out there :P

I feel like I have tons to say in this entry on various things.. but it just don't feel right to lump them all together.

Ya it is my B-Day.. whoopie. I took a silly quiz and when I had to type in my age for the first time today I hesitated.. I wanted to put last year's age.. but Josh was over looking my shoulder and demanded I be honest lol. Here to get it out of my system...

28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 28 27.. 28 28 28

LOL

Josh insisted that he said Happy Birthday to me today before he left for work.. but I was sound asleep and don't remember lol.  My mom flooded my e-mail box with birthday cards (aww) My sister called me and wished me Happy Birthday.  Two friends from church also called to say Happy Birthday. Rach sent me these beautiful graphics AND Jess made me cry when she posted a Birthday Blessing and a Thanksgiving Prayer on our Prayer Group.  I feel so very loved! 

The funny of the day was when I told my 4yrd. daughter Lilly, "Did you know today mommy is old old old?" And she replied, "Really? So you are going to die soon?" *GASP* And then she gave a big belly laugh and said just kidding mom and gave me a big birthday hug and kiss. Yes she is so cute and adorable, but watch it, she has a mean streak in her lol jk.

No big plans for today.. just sitting on my bottom flipping threw all these channels.. did watch a movie/documentary on Mathew Shepherd.. I could say a lot on that subject but I will let it go for now.  I watched MTV and VH 1.. yea I am old and out of touch lol. I really like CMT but if you would of asked me what I thought about Country music 5yrs ago I would of said.. ewwwwwwww.  SEE!People change.  I have flipped on the excuse for Christian channels and cringe when Benny Hinn and the alike come on... I don't think you will find me watching those channels often.  Just for the fact that I think it is rare to find True Ministers of the Gospel on them.. sadly more care about your donations and the products they are trying to sell and even scarrier is some are false teachers poisoning instead of feeding.  I guard where I take my teaching from and what I take in.  Not that I am knocking every one on TV.. Bill Keller from LivePrayer.com does an awesome job, I wish we could get him in but right now he is just in the FL markets.  He goes to the peopleright where they are, on secular TV praying and taking in requests... he doesn't sell a thing.

Ok I am rambling now lol So, ya, No big plans and no gifts but that is ok.. I am happy and content. I will probably go up to church tonight and that will be the highlight of my day, next to Lilly asking if I was going to die.  Josh got off work early today and is taking a nap.  He said something about going out to get me a gift after he woke up but I told him NO we don't have the money for it.  BUT I do have chocolate, so I am feeling fine! lol *wink*

Lori won the new game that Jess and I are trying to get off the ground.  So Lori as wiener you are the next one to post a question/challenge.  I look forward to wracking my brain and searching for the answer to the question you will come up with!! For those who don't know what I am talking about follow this link to the question and read the comment section for the answer.

And last but not least I want to give a shout out to a new journal I found thanks to Un Common Sence's Hell Bent for Greatness award. It is wonderful to see some one so young be so out spoken.. shoot is it wonderful just to see a teenager write on things that matter in the long run besides the normal ramblings about boys and music and clothes.  But her last entry on abortion ofcourse really hit home and I am thankful there are girls like her.  I am sure she influences many around her.  Sarah Flansburg's Political Journal 

I have a post planned about some things milling around in my head about my abortion experience but like I said at the start, it just doesn't feel right to lump it together with this one. So look for that post to be up and coming.  Thanks to all who have left encouraging comments about the Silent No More Campain.

8 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Thank you for the thing you wrote about me!  Very sweet!  :o)
    ~Sarah Flansburg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!  It's just another day in eternity when you know Jesus Christ.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are rosary beads. Do you say the rosary? Happy Birthday to you Mary. 28 was my best year i hope it is yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!  28 is good...JAE

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday.

    i guess i screwed up with the beads..im clueless. lol. you know that! i tried though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I was there you would not be sitting on your birthday. LOL Youd be out. Happy birthday and I love what your daughter said about dying. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!  Mine was Monday!  24

    Tracy
    http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName/
    http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/whatlightbreaks/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday :)

    ~Danielle :) :) :)
    (a fellow 28 year old, but I sometimes say 23, I mean they do look a lot alike, he he)

    ReplyDelete