Thursday, January 13, 2005

Wacky Weather and Dude! I have my own car again!!

Tue. was BEAUTIFUL here.  It was like SPRING!  I think I even spied some ppl wearing shorts, it was that warm. (This is January right?) Yesterday was not cold but we got a down pour of rain (yep my basement is wet again, just as it was starting to dry out). Then today we got around 3 inches of snow!  Schools was dismissed early in many areas.  Josh is grumbling how crazy this all is, 80 and warm one day, freezing and snowing the next.  I laughed and said what do you expect the weather to be like.. it is the end of the world baby!!! Mudslides, Tidal Waves,Earthquakes, Unseasonable weather, the Earth wobbling on it's Axis.. it just isn't normal people! Everyday you can read about some disaster due to weather in divers places.  But have no fear to quote my friend Hunter.. "You have Nothing to fear if you are living for Jesus Christ TODAY."

Today we passed another Mile Stone in my husband's life. Well I think he sees it that way.  He got a truck.  He has wanted and wanted a truck for so so long. Many eye rolls from me when he talked about the benefits of having a truck in the family.  But I understand, it is a guy thing.  It isn't a brand new truck and has some issues but Josh is very happy with it and I am THRILLED to have my van back!!  A truck for Josh to drive to work means FREEDOM for me. Yeahhhhhh we are a two car family again!  No more holding me back from doing the things I need and want to do because he has taken the van to work or school.  I can go shopping when I want, take the girls places like the park or the zoo or visit friends during the day.  Now if he will just clean out all his Junk from MY van lol.  He said likely for my birthday he would get me an automatic starter, you know the kind that you can just press a button from your porch and it starts for you... nice in the winter to warm the car up and nice in the hot summers to cool it down with the air before you ever get in.  He said he can get some deal from some one he works with but it likely wont be on time for my Birthday.

And that reminds me.. Please pray for my friend AMY, big Amy.  Today she had sugary.  She had an eye removed.  I guess it had been a long time coming but she only told me about it last night.  For years she has had a tumor behind her eye and despite surgeries to remove it, it always comes back so they stopped cutting it out and that lead to her blindness in that eye. They sewn that eye shut (been that way as long as I have known her) and her eye started to shrink and had to be taken.  I am not sure if she won the fight or not with her insurance company for a glass eye.  The company says it is for cosmetic purposes and will not cover it.  CAN YOU IMAGIN! GURR.

The Bible Trivia Quiz is still open!  I will give you another hint (did I make it too hard for you people or are you just chicken?)

The answer can be found in Genesis and in the NT book of Hebrews.

If you are getting alerts for me.. please let me know and leave a comment.  Someone said her alerts was going wacky and she had to reset my journal to alerts.  You know how AOL can be. :P

3 comments:

  1. WOW congrats on the van for you and truck for him. YES It s a man thing. Yeah wacky weather this time of year. last three years for us been crazy. I wish we would get SOME Snow. Been not getting much at all this is the 3rd winter. Okay now you see I have not been getting alerts. I answered your trivia. Man hate that I did not get your alerts. Sorry to hear about your friend amy. I dont htink an eye is cosmetic. I mean I can see how they can say that it is. But not really. Hope shebeat it all. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol.  Yes, the weather outside is wacky indeed.  It was 75 in NC today and I'm under a tornado watch right now, but I think it is suppose to snow next week.  But who knows except for God?

    I'm getting your alerts, and I keep you in my prayers.  

    God Bless,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we had 70 degree weather in IN, then 20 the next day.  So strange.  
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete