Monday, January 24, 2005

32nd March For Life..

The year 2005 marks the 32nd anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling that plagued America with abortion-on-demand. It will also mark the 32nd time thousands of Americans come together to protest the decision in our nation's capital. 

Flipping threw all these new channels I have now because of satiate TV I am surprised only ONE out hundreds has any consistent coverage of this event. (the Catholic Channel) None of the major news channels has anything that I have seen talking about it.  Should I be so surprised? I guess not. If it wasn't for alternative media I wouldn't even of heard of the death of the young girl because of the RU-40 pill last year and the FDA resistance of pulling it.. their solution, a little warning on the packaging or how all these studies have linked abortion to breast cancer and other vital info about why Abortion is so so harmful.. not just to a baby but to the women. It is no wonder so many people are so complacent or lukewarm towards this issue.. even when faced with the statistics people don't want to believe it because the major Media refuses to report on it and ignores people like me who are Pro-Life or they cast us in a light to make us look like nut jobs.

30 years after it became lawful to have an abortion at any stage of pregnancy and for any reason the number is now 43 MILLION. That is 1.4 million a year, 4,000 a day, 165 per hour, 1 abortion every 23 seconds!  One out of 4 conceptions in the United States are terminated, 25% of our population.

I take that back.. I just saw one  minuet blurp on Fox News Channel.. but ONE MINUET.. WHERE THERE OUR THOUSAND AND THOUSANDS of people marching.

But we all know my distrust for the media.. not just because of this issue.  You really can't believe how reporters and news organizations really are until you have first hand contact with them. *deep heavy sigh*

Moving on but to a connected subject.

Sunday church was wonderful.  This new Pastor really is GOOD! LOL  The message Sunday was about opening and using the Gifts God has given you.  He held a wrapped box in his hand to illustrate his point.  He also used the example of a Super bowl commercial from when that movie Castaway was popular.  A man who is the castaway fed ex guy finally delivers the package he had held on to all those years, and upon delivering it he asks what was in it.. and the lady says oh nothing really.. Just GP Satiate phone, water, seeds, flashlights, matches... you get the point.  He had all he would of needed if he would of opened the package. 

In each believer God has given gifts of the Spirit.. yet many do not use them or operate in them.  Some think these gifts were just for biblical times but they are for all times, some just plain don't know they have these gifts dormant in them. And other use excuses not to use their gifts, fear, jealousy, anger, presumption.  The Pastor just did a wonderful job and very encouraging.  He said, if you Know what your gifting is, use it, run with it, don't wait for prompting from leadership, if you have a talent, run with it, or a ministry, go for it, full fill what you are planted here to do.

Why do I mention all that? One, it is good for me to remember and reflect overwhat I have been fed. But secondly, it only confirmed in me what I must do. It was encouraging.  I have been having some anxiety over getting up next Sunday and speaking to my church about Silent No More.. you know how the devil likes to throw those doubts in your mind.  Idid ask for prayer, for God would give me the strength to step out and do what HE wants me to do.  Some times I just want to hide, be quiet, no one want's to hear what little old me has to say, I am an ineffective speaker, I hear little reminders of how in the past I have tried to speak up or do something and have been pushed aside or my plans never come to happening.. but that is not the truth, that is not the voice of truth.

I have been e-mailing back and forth between the coordinator with Silent No More for our local event and we have the prayer meeting set for this Saturday. This is the first time I have set up an event at my church so I am ofcourse hoping it all goes well and with out a hitch. More more importantly I hope we can pray for each other and encourage each other, that we can stand tall this Feb 6th and have no fear about what we are doing.  That we will be obedient to what the Lord has called us to say about abortion and our own experiences. That many many many will have the ears to listen and be effected.

Proverbs 24:11-12

 If thou forbear to deliver [them that are] drawn unto death, and [those that are] ready to be slain;

 

 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider [it]? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth [not] he know [it]? and shall [not] he render to [every] man according to his works?

 

One  abortion every 23 seconds.. What are you doing out about it???!

2 comments:

  1. YOu will do great I know you will. You only mess up if you quit. As long as you try and are seen that is your messge. hold up an stick doll or make a cardboard doll the size she would be had your child been born. take it back after you stand up and say I have five kids. SAY one would be here with me today. tear it to shreds say this is waht i Did to her body!!!!!! I think you will do great. HEY did you see I posted my bible question. ??????? Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing more effective than when a speaker tells a story from the heart, about something that happened to THEM.  It speaks volumes that the Lord has pulled on your heart and given you the strength, not only to face your past, but to share it with others.  I am sure you will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete