Tuesday, January 11, 2005

I will not worry.. I will not walk in fear.. The Lord is my strong tower!

For the last 3 1/2 years Josh has worked his booty off to become a Union Journeymen Painter.  The first year he worked in the shop of a painting company, managing the equipment and keeping the shop up to snuff. It was new to him but he caught on and did his best (all I could ask him to do) The next year he went into the Apprentice program with a big pay cut.  Before all that he was making somewhat good money as a welder and machinist but he didn't feel safe doing it (he always was getting some minor injury and a few years back he had almost lost a hand).  The last two and half years he has been learning and growing in his trade, doing his best and being an honest employee.  The light was starting to shine at the end of the tunnel, only six months to go!!!  He only had this last class to get out of the way, the industrial class.  With this class they changed his schedule around and he had to adjust to working nights and going to school during the day.  This is an important class and it is mandatory attendance for each session.  They got sticker about being on time.. if you came in even a few min. past 7:00 a.m. you would be locked out.  The school is about 40 min drive away with traffic.

On the way home from Josh's mom's the other day he complained that he kept getting this heart burn badly.  I wondered out loud if he had reflux or something.. he said he didn't think so and thought maybe it could be associated with stress.  Why you stressing baby? I asked.  And he said because of work and school and all that.  I tried to reassure him that it was only till the mid of February and then it would be all over and he could cost threw till the end of summer.  I wanted to say "STOP WORRING, trust the Lord to get us threw"  but I didn't.. a lesson he has to learn on his own and I can't force it.

Remember my post yesterday and me saying that our alarm clock got unplugged????  I plugged it and reset it and even thought I was doing a good thing by setting the alarm to boot. Josh got home around Midnight, faxed his time in and had very brief conversation with me about not staying up too late watching T.V. and rolled over and fell asleep.  I dozed off soon after.

When I set the bedroom clock, I always set 20-30 min. fast.  A cushion that doesn't do any good because we know about it lol. But we always figure the shock of seeing the time will get us up and going.  Oh we was in for a shock all right.. the dang alarm didn't go off this morning! The clock read 8:10 when we woke but really it was like 7:40 or so (I forget the true time) but either way Josh was late late late and I was scrambling to make sure the kids was up and getting ready for school.  Funny how Zane's alarm went off at 7 and he was up watching cartoons all dressed and ready for school (wish he had come and woke us up)  Josh runs around cussing and upset as he throws his cloths on and runs out to the van with hopes he will be allowed in to school even though he is late late late.  He calls the school from his cell as he is pulling out of our driveway.. and then he stops the van and comes stomping back in.

They told him not to even bother coming in and that he was suspended till next week and will have to go before a review board to see if they will keep him or kick him out, where then if he wants to finish school he will have to start all over (another 3 years).  All for ONE day! ?? He has been a good student, good employee, he even brought in cookies yesterday to school to share with everyone.

So right now Josh is sulking in the bedroom, watching TV. So what did happen to our alarm clock??? I set it wrong.. set it for p.m. not a.m... a stupid blonde mistake I do.  I feel so bad!  Josh says he doesn't blame me because he should of double checked it himself.  I would like to blame indirectly the insulation guy for unplugging our alarm clock but that would be stretching it I think.

So what will we do now?? Wait and see.  If he does get kicked out he could always buy a card.  But for one it coast like $800-900 and another people who buy their cards into the union are not really looked upon favorably (that's what I gather from the way Josh talks) and are seen as less skilled.

But Like I said.. I will not worry, I will not walk in fear and I will rest in that Strong Tower, The Name of The Lord.

This is a test.. Everything is a test

4 comments:

  1. OH you poor guys. I hate that. Maybe the review board will see his good work and understand. He needs to say his streess has caused acid reflux and lack of sleep and work and school. and other issues all timed at the same time. I pray for favor with the review board. PLEASE let us know what is going on and what happens. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a shock.Those people need to get a life.Things do happen!It was one time!I can't believe they will not give him a break.I will be praying for you both.I would be upset too.He has worked so hard for his family.Maybe they are just trying to scare him as punishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor Josh! That is so unfair. He's trying to hard what idiots at that school. I have that same bad heart burn..all the time, it wakes me up in my  sleep. Get him some mylanta..it's gross but it works so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in my prayers, Mary, every single day.  This doesn't sound fair at all, but you are right about leaving it all in God's hands.  He will give you what you need to get through every single situation.  Much love to you always,  Anna.

    ReplyDelete