Wednesday, January 5, 2005

Music, Spiders and floods..oh ya and Direct TV!

Turn your volume up and rock out to my new song lol  My son is really rubbing off on me with this new CD he got for Christmas. TobyMac: Welcome to Diverese City. Oh the excitement he had on his face when I told him that Toby Mac would be at the Winter Jam Concert at the end of the month.  Only $10 a ticket, so maybe I can squirrel away some $$ so we can go?

I sat and prayed, and drove around while doing errands and asked the Lord what I should do.  Not that I didn't already know the answer, I just needed his strength to say Yes.  Reading testimonies off the Silent No More web site also helped me see that my story is worth telling.  But still the procrastinator that I am didn't reply to the e-mail till this afternoon.  I am sure I will hear back by tomorrow or so with more details.

My son came home yesterday all in a tissy about a big report he has to do for science class.  He wanted me to get off line so he could research it.  He told me he was first to pick in his class from the list that was provided but he was stumped.  And what did he end up picking you might wonder.. The Black Widow Spider... ewwww!!!  For one, that isn't an animal.. it is an insect or whatever.. and second.. my skin just crawls from looking at the pics.  Zane thinks this is funny that I am all grossed out.  I jokingly asked if he could switch with some one lol.  So the next two weeks or so I will be elbow deep with spider info plus the durby car he is working on for Cub Scouts. 

 

Josh would help more I am sure but for the next two months he will not be home much.  He has one more class for apprenticeship school to go and it is like four days a week plus he has it worked out where he can work nights.  We will miss him lol and he will be tiered BUT the positive is this is the last class and then he is totally done and then the end of summer  he advances to Journeymen!!

I need to get my act together and get this house ship shape.  We are going out of town this weekend to see his mother.  She just moved into a house and we are going to help her settle in. So I need to do mucho laundry and packing because we are leaving early Sat morning.  Then Josh springs on me that he ordered Direct TV and they will be here to install it this coming Monday in the living room and our bedroom.  So I need to clean my bedroom before we leave out of town for the weekend. 

I am torn.  On one hand I am really excited to have more than 4 channels and have Fox News Channel back and some other old faves (maybe we will catch season 3 of The Shield and not have to buy it?) but on the other hand I am a bit apprehensive about it because it will be harder to sensor the cartoons that comes on those channels and I just know for the first few month I will be a couch potato, instead of a mouse potato lol.  Plus.. the coast.. sure they say 39 a month, but I am sure there are hidden charges somewhere lol and that is extra money that could go to um.. bills.  We have six more months till he makes the big bucks ya know LOL.  But as my friend Amy says, with as much as Josh and I spend on renting movies each month, it is worth getting cable or sat.  I am glad he just ordered it, with out talking to me..

No really.. then I wont get blamed for it lol I would of said NO.

Rain has been pouring down here for the last few days.  My basement is like a river.  It is a good thing I had it mostly cleaned up before the flooding but still.. gurrrrr.

Speaking of floods.. I was reading the Bible today, in keeping with my goal of reading it cover to cover this year.  I started with Genesis.. a good place to start, the beginning.  I have decided to keep a note book with me and write down things that stick out and I want to commit to memory.  I did this the last time I started to really read and I still have the note cards.

Today I got up to chapter 8.  I love how God's Word is and how that it is new each time I read it.  I find something that I missed or had not realized or confirms what I already know.  Today what stood out the most to me was Gen. 8:21.

Genesis 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

or as the NIV puts it Gen. 8:21 "The Lord smelled the pleasing aroma and said in his heart: "Never again will I curse the ground because of man, even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood. And never again will I destroy all living creatures, as I have done.

We all know or should know the story of Noah and the Flood and the rainbow God sent as a promise.  What stuck out to me in vers 21 was:

"even though every inclination of his heart is evil from childhood."

That sure is different from what the world teaches!  How often have you heard that ppl are basically good, that only because of environment they learn to do bad things???  This vers contradicts that theory doesn't it!?  Like that song.. born to be bad.. lol  Any mother will tell you that her children are not perfect all the time and that they do mischievous things when they know that mom or dad is not looking.  It is in our nature (thanks Adam).

This is why we can not live a perfect sinless life.  This is why we need a blood scarified.. to cover our sins.. so that we may have relationship with God and this is why Jesus came.

Just some thoughts to leave ya with. : )

2 comments:

  1. This guy came adn taught this weekend on Abraham in chapter 16. He tought that he was not always good. Man that guy gave his wife away twice and so he was not always th eGODLY man we think of him as being and not only that in chapter 16 GOD stood right there and told him........... I will bless you and give your your seed. Then abrahan turned right around and ASKED GOD GOD OF all to give him a sign after he told him he would> AND then there is the indescretion of Abraham with the servant woman of Sara. I mean they did not beleive God or they would not have forced the issue and man to have a baby with another woman. GOD siad you will have  a child he said he would give them one. Then they did that. Man Then He and sara laughed when God sent messengers. People keep tellling me to have faith like Sara and abraham. Yeah right they laughed LOL So When I am weak in faith I dont always beat myself up about it. They were Gods choosen and they made much mistakes. He still choose them> Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about Beautiful.  You were so young, and there were so many things you weren't aware of.  You listened to those adults around you.  It wasn't your fault.  I'm sure you regret your decision very much.  Our heavenly Father understands, and He knows your pain, your love, your deepest desires.  

    Definitely Mary, help all those that you can with this message.  I pray that God's spirit shines heavily on you as you reach out to those who NEED to hear this.    Much love.  IN Jesus Name I Pray.   Amen

    ReplyDelete