Monday, January 31, 2005

It's Not my Issue... Just a symtom of Apathy in the body of Christ.

I overslept this morning... of all Sundays to over sleep I had to this one! gurrr... But since we have the van back Josh got the kids ready for church and I rushed to church in his truck so I wouldn't be late.  I got there just in time for worship and Josh got there more than half way threw. So it worked out better than I thought.

I was anxious to get up and make my announcment about Silent No More.  I was regretting not taking notes with me, and was getting ready to chicken out.  I flipped threw my Bible for a scripture that would go along with what I had to say, and wondered how much detail I should give about my testimony but nothing was coming.  I gave up and decided to just let the Holy Spirit speak.  Worship was awesome.. ofcourse!  Then the last song played, my favioret song, my theme song, the song that first ministered to me and helped things click when I first became a Christian.. Jesus, Lover Of My Soul!!  I wepted threw it and took it as God telling me he was with me and that song was being sung just for me, to encourage me.  I can't tell you how much that meant to me!  The Lord is so wonderful. To send a simple song at just the right time. 

The normal announcments were anounced and I knew Bill hand forgotten that I asked to make one.  So Just before he was to turn over the mic for the message I raised my hand and made eye conacte with him and then he remembered.  How easy it would of been for me to just sit and be quiet and let the service conitnou with out what I have been planning and praying over to be said. But how could I do that, I had resigned myself to do it.

I got up and took a deep breath and asked the Worship Team did they know THAT song was meant for me. I was on the verge of loosing it, with tears welling up but I held my control. I kept it simple and to the point, explaining how I had gotten an e-mail last month inviting me to Be Silent No More and how I wanted to just delelet it but knew God was telling me to do it for his Glory.  I told them the whos, whats and wheres and added that I needed my church family, who I love so much to be praying for me and supporting me on this. Inviting them to come and if they needed any more informationg to talk to me later. And that was it. Short and too the point. I was done!  I did what God had required of me today and felt relief that it was out of the way.

If only that was all he had asked me to do today, this day would of been so less draining.  But he wasn't done with me yet.  He had to show me something first.

After church I had one person come up to me asking if she could ride with me next Sunday, that she planned on going.  I am so happy about that.  I had talked to her before about it and I knew she was praying for me, so it was no surprise that she wanted to attend too. I had a few other ppl that I knew come up and give me a pat on the back and say what a good thing I was doing and that they are proud of me.  Always embarasing. But it was encouraging.  Then a friend of ours, one of the sweetest men I know, he is so nice that when I first ment him I wondered if he was for real. But he said he also was proud of me and and said it was a good thing I am doing it.  I don't know why but out of my mouth just said, "So are you going to come next Sunday to it then?" I had not planned it, it just came out of my mouth. His reply, "No, no.. It is not my issue." I was stunned, I am sure he wasn't aware how that sounded and  but I brushed it off and had no reply to that statment and just nodded oh, ok. I had remembered he was the same person who has said at a meeting one time that on this issue he didn't want to debate ppl about it, you can't change minds untill there is a heart change first and only Jesus can do that.

I drove the van home with the kids and Josh took the truck. On the way home what he had said kept ringing in my ears.. "It's Not My Issue" WHY NOT! IT SHOULD BE! I screemed inside my head. I was exstreamly upset about it. Not mad that he wasn't going, even if it was just for me, but mad that he was not active in changing this Hollocast in America.

 I had read and heard others complaining about this apathy in the body of Christ, how some just dont care and it is hard to get ppl involved.. and each time I heard or read that I would always think.. well maybe that is thier church, but not MINE, mine surely is NOT like that, we just need oppurtinitys to get involved.  And that is what God was oppening my eyes to.  How ppl can expect others to do the work and give them a pat on the back and say how good that is but do nothing else. How it must grieve the Lord to see his ppl who are to be his Voice, the Salt and Light, be so calused to the innocent blood shed going on in thier own back yards.  How this is what it was like in Germany durring the muder of millions of Jews as the Christians sat in thier pews and just sang thier hyms just a bit louder as the box cars of ppl being lead to the camps passed by. How if only all those who say they are pro-life would get up and be heard, do something, say something, not just vote pro-life, this battle would be won so fast.  How lives are brought down because no one warns them about what Abortion is and debunks the lies put out there.  How if ONLY my mom had one person who was pro-life speak into her life, that she may of remembered that when it came to me.

I knew that I had to call this friend who had said that to me, but I didn't want to.. WHY ME.. WHY DO I HAVE TO BE THE ONE TO DO IT.. but then I knew.. I had to because number one.. when you have ought agenst a brother or sister you are to talk to them about it right away, and number two I had told the Lord to use me anyway you want, and this was part of that, part of me being his servant.

Josh could see I was up set and asked what was wrong but it was so hard to verbalize all that was going threw my head and I told him I just needed go in our room for a few mins and pray.  I went into our room and sat on the bed and prayed and sobbed and sobbed. Ofcourse Josh came in and I told him all that was I was thinking and he held me as I cried and huged me.  Have I told you how awesome my husband is??  And he agreed with me, with each thing I said.

I did call my friend later and had a good chat with him.  Don't worry all is good between him and I but is he still luke warm on this? Probaly.  I did show him this scripture and maybe planted some seeds.  I wouldn't say I rebuked him in so many words but I got out what was bothering me.

Proverbs 24:11-12    If thou forbear to deliver [them that are] drawn unto death, and [those that are] ready to be slain; If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider [it]? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth [not] he know [it]? and shall [not] he render to [every] man according to his works?

I am going to ask my Pastor Bill to go with us Sunday, so he can see and experance it and maybe he will get on fire and that will catch on.  So, PLEASE, keep praying for me. You know how the enemy likes to attack and put up obsticals when you are doing the Lord's work.

 

3 comments:

  1. Some people are just afraid they will hinder  a cause. I am like that. I always think I will not do it justice. Some think they are called to another battle in this world. Some just have no confidance and some yes some feel they will also have no place. They dont wnat to step out and take the chance. I have done that many times. I hate getting involved in things too. I hate stepping out taking a new chance. Like the new Sabbath group we are going to> Baruch Ha Ba. I really dont wnat to get too invovled iwth them. I just dont like getting hurt and There are so many strong people now days that it seems as if everything I get invovled in the strong people dont really let others have  a chance to shine thier light. Its very hard to take this on. But yes there is great apathy in this world seems like its so hard to get anywhere. GEt anything done that it is discouraging.  Like in the citymeetings no matter how much disapproval they said there there was to the highest tax raise in history highest in any county the city leaders did it anway no discussion of other ways except one lone woman who said noto the other men. She was the only no vote and has been. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post brought to mind lyrics from a song that just nails the apathy of the American Christian.  "If We Are the Body" by Casting Crowns.  You can find the lyrics here http://www.onlylyrics.com/read.php?id=575 if you aren't familiar with them.  I am so happy that things went so well for you Sunday.  I am sure next Sunday will be just as great. -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will pray for you that nobody gets in your way

    ReplyDelete