Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Abortion is NOT an acceptable form of Birth Control!

When ppl disagree with another their character really shows in how they regard the other.  Being called an idiot because of a comment I made, really doesn't hurt me, it just shows that person's character and their level of maturity.  I appreciate the fact that everyone will not agree especially on political issues or on religion and faith.  I respect everyone's right to vent and to write as they please, I encourage it. It is wonderful.  What a blessing these journals are to have a place all your own to write out what you feel, to share ideas. I don't leave negative comments, or at least I try not to.  If what I have written doesn't agree with the author, I state my side, my view but always say I am glad you wrote on this and felt you could be open about it, that you practice free speech.  If another commenter wants to call me an idiot and dumb.. that is fine.. they are practicing their right to free expression, but it shows their character. LOL like the childhood saying.. "I am rubber, You are glue, what ever you say bounces off me and sticks to you"

 There that is off my chest. I feel better.   : )

I guess it is a proven fact that if a lie is told long enough and loud enough people will come to believe it.  This whole lie about I have a  right over my body, if I don't want a baby growing in it I should have the right to murder it really pisses me off.  A child growing in the womb has it's own body, it's own DNA, own soul, own feelings, and can feel pain. It is separate from the women yet only dependent on her for a place to grow.  If that women didn't want a baby to begin with, well then we live in a day and age where we know how babies are created and how to prevent a fertilization of an egg.. abstinence the only perfect birth control.  If you don't want a baby.. then don't have sex! *GASP* oh that means people would have to be responsible, they would have to control themselves, oh the horror. It is not impossible. Yet the society we live in cheapens sex and makes it to be something you should have all the time, when ever, and how ever,with who ever, be selfish and damn the consequences.  Instead of telling people to take responsibility for their actions, sex resulting in the formation of a baby, take care of that child, or give it to a couple who will take care of it, No we tell them you don't have to, you can throw it away and forget about it. You have that right, is what we tell them.

If we go along that thought of we have a right over our own body, then that leads to the same thought ppl should be allowed to commit suicide, prostitution and on and on.. all things that are not right and good.  If some one wants to comit suicide, you get them help and counseling, prostitution illegal for good reason, it hurts ppl.

Oh and those ppl who say I wouldn't have an abortion but it just fine and dandy if some one else does, I don't want to take that choice away from them, get off the fence!  Why wouldn't you do it yourself? Because you know it is a child, not a blob of tissue, and killing it would weigh on your conscious.  Why should murder be a choice to anyone. The only difference between a child in the womb and the child 10 min. old  is stage of development and place of residence.  Dehumanizing a person just because of their place of residence or state of development is wrong, just like the dehumanizing of Jews in Germany by Hitler was wrong.  Saying I wouldn't have an abortion but don't think it wrong if another person does, is just like saying, I wouldn't kill a Jew but if  Hitler wanted to because he thought they was less then human that is fine.  Letting innocents be lead to the slaughter and turning a blind eye to it is not an excuse.

Yes I am aware that rapes happen and there are birth defects and rarely a women's life is in danger. I also know of women despite being raped have given birth and love and care for that child or have successfully given the child up for adoption. Why should a baby have to pay for the sins of it's father? And having an abortion is just like being raped all over again. It is a violation on the women's body and she will suffer the same emotions if not more intensified then she suffered threw with the rape in the first place. Women deserve better.  And come on lets be frank here and look at the numbers.. the reason for an abortion is hardly ever because of a rape or even because of birth defects or the women's health.

What a difference in my life if my parents had told me.. You are loved and valued, sex is beautiful between a husband and wife, your husband is worth the wait and so are you. Or even after I made the mistakes of having sex out of marriage if my mother had said... Well, we need to take responsibility for this child, the damage is done and we can not undo it, so lets start over from here and deal with it, instead of running from it.

Abortion should not be acceptable birth control.  And that is what people have come to use it as. It is not rare and unthinkable anymore.  When I was in recovery room from my abortion the girl next to me who looked to me to be college age was being told flat out by the nurse that she didn't want to see her again, that this was her 8th abortion!  It took me along time to wrap my mind around what I had heard because for me the first time was too horrible to even think about doing it again. But statistically the women going into the clinic is going for her second or third abortion.

When I read that statistically a teenager will be come pregnant again with in two years after her abortion,it was like a self filling prophecy.ANd when I did become pregnant again.. NO way could of done the same thing to that child that I did with my first, and I can hardly understand the women who goes in for repeat abortions.

3 comments:

  1. Mary , the strengh you have shown just be talking about this has always amazed me.You have turned something so tragic ,to you and the baby, into something that can change someones life one day.How many people have the power to do that ...not many!
    You know I was reading on aol about a women who died because she would not abort her baby.She had cancer.she also had 2 other children and I thought I would have had to put the 2 born children first- well she said that this baby was just as much a child to her as her already born children.That was the most touching thing .And I could understand that.And it made me rethink that veiw too.When will I ever learn to not judge other people!!
    Thank you for sharing this with us.And You have never came across as rude in any comments I have ever seen of yours!
    Take care Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abortion has only succeeded in demoralizing women.  We have only to look at actions that have no consequences to see why society has become numb to the sexual exploitation we see in popular clothing, music, music videos, movies and of course TV.  Abortion has only succeeded in enabling young women to no longer value their bodies, has only encouraged young men and women to not consider the possible outcome of their decisions.  It is unthinkable that we, as a Christian nation, can sit quietly by as this continues to happen in our country.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who called you an idiot?  That's terrible. I guess I am one too then. Because I agree...abortion shouldn't be used as a form of BC.

    ReplyDelete