Friday, January 7, 2005

I am going to do it!

  Thank you friends who left encouraging comments and your prayers on this subject!  It really does mean alot to me.

I received a call yesterday from Amy, one of the event coordinators. (How many Amys can I keep track of?! lol).  She is one of the nicest persons I have met and very uplifting.  She made me comfortable and at ease.  We talked for quite awhile on the phone about it all, sharing what the Lord has done in our lives in regards to our abortion experience.  It was good fellowship with some one who knows exactly what I have been threw and it has gotten me all fired up to be involved in this campaign.  When she told me I was being prayed for, even before I had contacted her, it about made me cry.  I am always moved and thankful when some one takes time to pray for ME because I do it often for others and know how powerful it is.

I expressed to her how shy I am but threw the Lord's Strength I can do this and how I realize that Yes, my story is worth sharing.  I know this is apart of my personal ministry, I just have been inactive this last year.  Seems like I have taken a break from all outside activities because the year before was so full of things between the kids after school stuff and things I was involved with threw church.  She said that was a good thing, gave me time to grow in the Lord and alone time with him.  She is so right!  As we talked I became even more excited when she said the councilor that held the post abortion classes I was in may be coming to the event.  I have not seen her in almost two years!  I would go just to see her again lol.

I tried to find out just how many ppl are going to be attending but she was unsure since they had only sent out invites threw the web site and not had a chance to get more info out locally. She said reply's are trickling in but she expects more.  I had asked if we would have a get together before the event, so we could feel more comfortable with each other and have prayer and maybe a chance to practice sharing our testimonies in public.  The format for the event allows time just before the event for a prayer gathering but if I wanted to coordinate something more detailed she would assign that job to ME!  Oh wonderful, I have a JOB already! LOL   I have visions of holding something at  my church, me wearing my new suit and speaking to a big group.. oh and cake.. we have to have cake! LOL  I am going to pray that at the very least 50 women and men come out to be Silent No More.

I need to speak with my Pastor and the Women's Group leaders on this subject.  If only to ask to give me a few minuets to speak to everyone about my involvement in this and to encourage them to come out to the event, to be there for me as support.  Last year Kathy and I tried to get with leadership to hold a Making Abortion Unthinkable seminar but it never got off the ground.  I tried not to be sore about it and took it as it was just not in the Lord's timing, so maybe after this Kathy and I can bring that up again? Plus now threw Silent No More I will have a network of ppl to help me with it and to get the word out about it.

Alot of things are changing at church, so I am a bit nervous about going to some of them.  New faces and new ppl I have not come to personally know yet.  Our church is in the middle of melting into one bigger one with another church, so you can imagine all that entails.  And I must admit I am one of those who has not been very enthusiastic about the whole process but I am trying to yield to what God is doing.  Women's Group is meeting Saturday and it would of been a perfect opportunity to speak about it there, but ofcourse, I am going to be out of town.  That will make two Sundays in a row of us not being at our church.. I hope they don't think we are leaving like some other ppl are.

So again I ask, please keep me in prayer!

If you would like to learn more about Silent No More and maybe attend a gathering in your area, click the pic at the top of this post.  This is a nation wide and World Wide and interdenominational, with gatherings held in different states at different times.  Even if you are not a post aborted women or man (yes men suffer too) but would like to go out to support women who want to inform the public about how devastating this "choice" is to women AND men.  The chances are you know some one who has been effected by Abortion.  A statistic I read is that 43% of women from middle age down have had at least one abortion!

5 comments:

  1. God will help you with this. You'll see. Keeping you in prayer, hon. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWW I knew you could do it. We want details when you come  back. Pictures of you up there speaking. We want it all girl!!!!!!! Yeah I know its hard when you fellowship makes big changes. I like a small atmospher my self. So that is really want I need to be with. these people have been here since 1974. They ahve grown but basically they are the same. That is unreal. But I like very little change. So I know how you feel. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you have found something you are so passionate about!  I think it is great that you are doing this!!!!

    Tracy
    http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/Theresnobusinesslike/
    http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName/

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG THIS SONG....HOW CAN YOU STAND IT? LOL
    THAT HAS TO BE THE CUTEST ABOUT ME PIC I HAVE EVER SEEN.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wonderful, wonderful woman, Mary.  I pray that God Blesses you richly for being involved with such an important cause!!!  

    Unfortunately I know a few women who have had abortions, and it has affected them for the rest of their lives.  I pray that you reach MANY people with this message.    Lots and lots of support and love!!  Anna

    ReplyDelete