Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Silent No More In Washington

Women Who Regret Their Abortions to Speak at Supreme Court


Maybe Next Year I will be there? But for now I will have to do and speak locally.


A quote I am snagging off Pat's Journal but I think also apply's to the Abortion Issue as well as Civil Rights:


"On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, "Is it safe?" Expediency asks the question, "Is it politic?" And Vanity comes along and asks the question, "Is it popular?" But Conscience asks the question "Is it right?" And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it because Conscience tells him it is right."
    
- Attributed to MLK

5 comments:

  1. Maybe next year you can...but speaking up can be such a help, such a huge blessing to so many. Praying for you always. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu will do great I Know you will. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You for your advise on my negitive comments I guess im not to proud of me either, So yeh I have learned how to avoid this kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. keep doing the local level and you'll know when you're ready to go national....I admire you for your courage!

    ~JerseyGirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abortion makes me so sad!  I really like your site & that quote is so true!
    ~Sarah Flansburg
    http://journals.aol.com/candles102/SarahFlansburgsPoliticalJournal

    ReplyDelete