Saturday, January 29, 2005

That was just awesome! High on the Lord!!

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

                                 

The prayer meeting was wonderful!  I came home on what I can only describe as a spiritual high, pumped up, uplifted, ministered to, blessed, and excited about what the Lord is doing threw me and threw all the women I met tonight.

I am so happy that I was inspired to have this gathering before the event and that it all came together.  I know it helped put me at ease and some of the other women as well.  I felt an instant kinship, connection with these other women who all come from different denominations and back grounds and age groups.  There was five us tonight who came together to pray over the Silent No More gathering but it was so much more than just praying, it was also fellowship and ministering to each other.  It has been some time since I have been in the company of other women like me, who are post aborted but could talk about it openly and share what the Lord has and is doing in our lives. 

The Holy Spirit was there, thick in the air and intimately touching each of us, preparing us and encouraging us.  If you have never had the experience of the Holy Spirit touching you and ministering to you, I just can't describe it. It is something that stays with you and electrifies you.  Not that I need to be in a group and be fed to feel him move on me, I feel him around me all the time because he LIVES in me but there is just something special about gathering together in Jesus name, as stated in the above scripture.

The women who were available to come to the meeting had all met each other previously but only recently.  So I was the new one and the youngest to the what felt like a loving group. I really admire and respect these women for all they have done.  Some have spoken at other types of pro-life events, some have their story published and some have spoken on the radio about it and some are active in Standing at the abortion mills, also known as the gates of hell.  Each has taken what was meant for harm and let the Lord use it for good.  Each have been obedient to him in their own ways and willing to be used where they have been hurt the most.  I know God has lead me to this network of women and some mighty things are in store.  When the pastor said last Sunday when you know what it is God wants you to do, run with it, don't hold back, I knew that applied to me and what is to come.  Faith about to be put into action.

A bit of a side story that is very encouraging to me.  I was talking to one of the women and she asked if I had named my baby that was aborted.  I smiled and said YES (it is part of the post abortion counseling, I may get into that story some time about how I was inspired to name her) her name is Beautiful. The women cocked her head and looked at me and asked, "Do you have a web site? I think I have seen that on a web site, was it yours?. I remember seeing the tribute and it really touched me." WOW  I hardly think about all the different ppl who may visit that site or even the possibility of one day meeting one in person.  I am just blown away. My Internet labors have not been in vain!  That was like a taste of one of my rewards awaiting me in Heaven.  To know that I touched just one life!

Oh I could go on and on but church comes early and I am speaking tomorrow.  But I am not nervous anymore and I am not even going to write out what I am going to say.  I am going to just open my mouth and let the Holy Spirit move and give me his words. Ok.. I may have a small sheet with me with the main points I want to make, but I don't plan on reading it word for word.

Isa 62:6 I have set watchmen upon thy walls, O Jerusalem, [which] shall never hold their peace day nor night: ye that make mention of the LORD, keep not silence

3 comments:

  1. Atlanta Braves 1B Julio Franco was accused of being "juiced" up on steriods last season.  In response to this accusation, he said, "I'm on the juice, the Jesus Juice!"

    I like that name for the Holy Spirit because He gets us pumped up for Jesus!  It really is like being high on drugs sometimes, except all of our focus and praise is on our Creator and Savior.

    It's great to see you passionately defending life and standing up for righteousness.  All things work for good for those who love God.

    May the Lord Jesus Christ be with you and use you in great ways.

    God Bless,
    Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you have to get back online if you loose it. OH man......... SEE you are doing lots and giving so much back. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless you, honey. That IS the best way: just open our mouths and let the Holy Spirit give us the words. Big hugs. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete