Thursday, May 12, 2005

A blast from the past.. past entry to remind me WHO I AM!

Orig. Posted Oct. 1, 2003

I really needed to remember this today and reread it. (and for the record.. I do not like the way they have the archives for journals)

Oct. 1, 2003

What do you put Your Identity in? What defines you?

That question was possed to the us at the Ladies Retreat followed by a very funny skitt. Then we did this following exersice..

Write on a piece of paper all the words that describe you. such as mother, wife, daughter sister, carrers and so on.

Then exchange the paper with the person next to you.

Then rip up and crumple that paper given to you!

Oh you could hear the gasps as we crumppled up the papers.  This was our Identity right, all the things that define us and it was being crushed!  The jist of this lession was, that all the things we let define us, that we put ourselfves in can be crushed, mashed, ripped up, and trapbled on, they are not permanate things and can be changed. But if we put our Identity in Christ that can never be taken away from us. Yes I am a wife and a mother to 4 wonderful kids, I am a sister and daughter but those are temapry things and dont define me. I will not always be those things.  I forever in Christ be a child of God! A daughter to the KING! I am an ambassitor of Christ, I am a Worshiper, I am a Prayer Warrior, I am a Saint, I am a joint hier to the Kingdom!  Good things to remember when I am feeling Low and unloved.  In this World I am maybe nobody, but in Heaven I am somebody and very preicous to God!

3 comments:

  1. I was having an "identity crisis" one day - having a pity party, wah, nobody is my friend and I was sitting in my car thinking, "Who am I?"  I got my notebook out of the back seat and wrote "Who am I?"  I couldn't really answer the question.  After staring at it for a minute I crossed it out and made the question into a statement by simply switching the last two words.  I wrote "Who I am!"  This was so much easier to answer because the first thing that popped into my mind was, "a child of God."  

    That was enough for me that day.  :)
    Gwynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very true and a good reminder for each and every one of us! Thanks for sharing this ((Mary)) I needed this today too  ;o)
    Hugs & Blessings,
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so neat to look back at older enteries.

    ReplyDelete