Monday, May 23, 2005

Can't Imagin whereeeeeee He get's it from " )

This week's new journal song is dedicated to my son Zane, giving me hope that this generation is not totally lost.

I got a call from his teacher this morning before he left for school.  If you know me at all by now you know I hate or at least dread being called by the school.. because it is always for bad news.  But this morning was a nice surprise.  His teacher called because she just wanted me to be aware of Zane's selflessness and awesome act of generosity last week.  Apparently the deal was that if everyone was all squared away at the library.. all fines paid and books returned the class would get a popcorn party.  Ya, I remember that.. I had to shell out $10 for a book he lost.  Well, there was just one student who fell short and did not have the money to pay off his fines by Friday and Zane gave him the money so the whole class would not loose out on their party.  The teacher said this blew her away that he would do that and she just wanted me to know about it.  YEP.. that's my boy.  I had asked him where he got the money and he said he dug up all his change from his room to give to his friend.  (I know this friend and ya, his mom wouldn't of been able to give him any money for such things as a library fine) so this leads me to think this was premeditated and not just off the top of his head.

Also last week we got the martial sent from Duke's Talent Search program for him.  Josh wanted to know if it was ok to brag now that he has a gifted child since in the martial was a manual titled something along the lines "how to help your gifted child stay on track"  It sounds weird to call him gifted.. but lol I am not going to say he isn't.  I told Josh he could say that ya, but maybe not in front of the boy? Don't want him to get a fat head or worse feel too different from his peers and have him rebel against being smart.

One week of school to go! 

6 comments:

  1. ok, you caught me, I read all the time, but rarely comment any more.  It just seems like so much effort to take the extra time to type something!  Just had to take a moment for a big Yahoo for Zane.  Sounds like you're on the right path with him, and that's such a great thing to hear about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is really sweet that he got all his change together for that other little boy. yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwwww thats really sweet of ZANE!!!!!!!!!!! Good going give him a hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very sweet of him.  He sounds like such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have an interesting song playing here that's for sure! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your son was trying to be nice to his friend and help out the class, both of which are good things!  -  Barbara

    ReplyDelete