Thursday, August 12, 2004

For Kara & My MOM

Reading about poor Kara's finger reminded me about what happen to my mom when I was 13ish...

 

My mom was going threw what I can only think of as a glamor faze???  She had started getting her hair and nails done.  Not smilpe changes but drastic ones.  She had dyed her chestnut brown hair, gawwwd awful bleech blond, gotten exstentions to make it longer.  She started getting her nails done, but not regular lenths, noo these would be what I think of when ppl talk about the Nine Inch Nails.  How she worked with her nails sooooo long is beyond me.  BUT they was good for a back scratching   : )

I was at that blossiming age.  I was always embarassed by my parents, shoot by my whole family.  I was getting into make-up and primping in the mirror.  I was trying to get into fashion, as much as we could aford at the time.  Mostly I just shared my friends closths.  My mom had recently taken me to get a bra. C cup (and I was just in Jr High).

My parents had thier own bathroom at this apartment with a shower and nice big mirror.  I often liked to take my showers in there for privacy.  I usally locked the door but this time my mom came in, gathering something or another.  I was just getting out and toweling myself off.  I was embarassed as it was when she walked in but then she had to say these most lovely words..

"If YOU get any BIGGER we will have to find you a harness!"  refering to my breasts

OMG I wanted to die!  As she walked out I slammed to door shut with my foot.  It shut HARD too.  I am sure I yelled out a cuss word or two also.

"MARY OPEN THE DOOR"

"NO WAY, LEAVE ME ALONE"

"NO! MARY OPEN THE DOOR NOW! MY NAILS BROKE IN THE DOOR!"

oops...

Yes her nails had broken in the door, along with the tip of her middle finger.

BIG OOPSSS..

My poor mom!  She rushed to the ER and the docs attached her finger tip back on and she spent weeks with it elevated.  When she slept, she had it tied to the ceiling and she worked that way too at a little gas station. It was a funny sight but sadly it was all in vain.  The tip did not re-attach as hoped.

To this day my mom has a deformed middle finger (just the tip, she can still grow a stump of a nail).  In the past she tried to give me much grief over this but I told her:

THAT IS WHAT U GET FOR WEARING A T-SHIRT THAT SAYS "SHIT HAPPENS" AND FOR MAKING LEWD COMMENTS ABOUT MY BREASTS.

5 comments:

  1. OH my I guess that put an end tothe primping and nails ordeal LOL I was  a c cup once. Then I had kids. Now I think I still have a c cup but its all sunk back in my arm pit!!!!!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary. Your poor Momma! Poor Poor Momma! Do you know Felicia did the same exact thing to me? A month or two ago. She and I took showers right in a row. I went to her room to get the blow dryer. I opened the door and she screamed. Not thinking she was naked. I didn't see though. So I turned around and said, "Just hand me the blow dryer" I wasn't looking..my back was towards the door. Well, felicia slammed the door with all her might nervous that I might see her. Right in my fingers. I screamed a screeching scream you wouldn't even believe. I feel to the floor and cried my eyes out. My mom came out and went and got ice for me. I have no luck. I'm always getting hurt. LOL I'm very careful when I go near her room now..it's a danger zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, don't know whether to laugh or feel awful.... LOL

    :)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice journal, i was looking at some of the older entries and noticed awanas, haha i thought that was neat cause I used to do those when I was littler
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glamor faze??? Not to sure about that since i have never felt glamorous. Maybe it was just a time of trying to find myself in a world that had been very hard for me.  But I was doing some changes.  MY nails were far from 9 inches long but they were long. Yes i did get extensions I had always wanted long hair and had a mother who always said I looked terrible with long hair and made me cut it. ok enough in my defense. I went into my bathroom not to harrass my daughter but like she says to get something, I was not out to embarass her either and maybe didn't realize she needed that privacy yet. It was a thing of i am your mom and you have nothing i have not had to care for before why would you be upset with me to see it now. anyway I did say the comment to her and it was crual but it wasn't meant to be at the time. It was just a realization on my part that wow my daughter is really blooming.  Kind of a shocker. Anyway I paid for my comment and now when people make me really mad I can always say to them I can give you the bird that show I am alittle mad or really mad. lol Bea I love you very much and never would hurt you intentionally. but as you said if I hadn't been wear the SHIT HAPPENS T-shirt none of it would have happened. By the way didn't that go in the trash right away anyway?????  But when i read this with John it was a good laugh on a time gone by. Don't we have strange memories that pop up at the strangest times.   MOM
    ps want to go and out run a tornado again??????

    ReplyDelete