Monday, August 30, 2004

OMG OMG.... The Lovely Bones!!!

The Lovely Bones OMG... OMG... OMF-ING-G!!!!!  

   I can't even know where to start in talking about this book!!!!

  A friend recomneded it to me when I was asking about books.  I got it from the library the other day when they called to say it was in.  It has just been sitting here begging to be read.  I picked it up this morning in the quiet moments before the kids got up. 

  I was so unprepared for this book! I still am unpreapred I think..

  I am only on page 41!  I just want to die!

 OMG...

  I was told it was about a girl's murder but it was a good book.  OK.. I can read that, I read about ppl getting killed all the time. WRONG!

  It is not to to graphic but still.. It is told from the murdered 13 yrd girl's Point Of View.  I had to put it down and cry at least 3 times already, if not more..  Any one who can read this book and not cry by chapter 3 has something wrong with them!

  Ohhh and it is sooooooo beautifuly written too!  Here are some gems that I will carry with me for the rest of my life.  

 Behind the title page:

"Inside the snow globe on my father's desk, there was a penguin wearing a red-and-white-striped scarf.  When I was little my father would pull me into his lap and reach for the snow glove.  He would turn it over, letting all the snow collect on the top, then quickly invert it.  The two of us watched the snow fall gently around the penguin.  The penguin was alone in there, I thought, and I worried for him.  When I told my father this, he said, "Don't worry,Susie, he has a nice life.  He's trapped in a perfect world."

  Chapter 1 page 5:

"In my junior high yearbook I had a quote from a Spanish poet my sister had turned me on to, Juan Ramon Jimenez. It went like this: "If  they give you ruled paper, write the other way"  

 page 8  "Exactly,"she said, and made her point simply as that.  There wasn't alot of bullshit in my heaven"  

 Page 20: "Nothing is ever certain," Len Fenerman said."  

 

  PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SOME ONE!

 READ THIS BOOK TOO SO I CAN TALK ABOUT IT WITH YOU!!

5 comments:

  1. as depressed as I am right now I dont think I can take reading this book. HOw sad it sounds . I hope someone will read it with you though. Idont read much anyway. Well except journals LOL untill then reading was very limited. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like a great story. Shame on you for wanting others to cry with you. LOL   Hugs, my friend. *Barb*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered about that book! Now I willl definetely have to get it! God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've read it.  It is very good.  sad too.
    jerseygirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible book.  It was surprisingly uplifting considering the subject matter.  If you liked this, you might enjoy "My Sister's Keeper."

    ReplyDelete