Saturday, August 14, 2004

Should a women ware this T~Shirt Proudly?

                          

Sold by Planned Parenthood, the creator of this shirt is an abortion avocat who says she was sick of hearing stories of women feeling ashamed after they came out of the clinics after their abortion when  faced  pro-lifers calling them baby haters.

There has been cheers and jeers over this shirt.  I heard about it a few weeks ago and just scoffed.  Not so much at the t~shirt, I am half tempted to get one, if any thing it would be a conversation starter about my story and how God has brought me into a place of healing (would have to spray paint or embroider on it the word REGRET). But the fact that PP or other abortion providers should profit even MORE from the taking of an innocent life?  The $300-2,500 they charge for their service is not enough, they have to sell Holiday Cards and T-shirts to feed their profit minded hearts.  If they think this is such a good thing for a women, for them to feel more proud over something that is so wrong, why don't they just hand them out for free, include it in the cost of the "therapeutic abortion"?

Will women who have had an abortion wear this shirt proudly??  Who do you know who has had an abortion is ever proud of it and wants to advertise about it?  Isn't that the whole thing about it, that it is no one's business what they do with their own body, not her husbands, not her boyfriends, not her parents, not even God's?  Isn't that why so many are in such an uproar over privacy rights?  When the recent court cases over the parcel-birth abortion ban happen and the Attorney General wanted the records of those who had this proceger to just see how medically necessary it was, and prove that this proseger is not safe or rare there was a big out cry about privacy rights. 

I know any time I have to go to an OBGYN they ask if you have ever had an abortion on the forms, and it is something I have to check yes on, and hate it every time.  A T-shirt saying I had one will not make me feel Any better about it, nor should it.  Just another case of America wanting to celebrate sin.  An abortion is nothing anyone should ever feel proud of and if you do, then you have a cold heart.

As a pro-lifer who has stood at an abortion clinic and know others who have, NEVER did I nor heard any one else shout INSULTS to these women being lead to the slaughtering house.  What is often done by pro-lifers who stand at the gates, is prayer and also a voice for the innocent children.  Many pro-lifers, if given the chance to talk to one of these women, would show them alternatives to abortion, starting with an ultra sound to show them the heart beat and development of the baby they are caring and give them information where they can get real help.  You can't do that by shouting insults can you?  You can't give compassion by hating someone but by loving on them.  Yet real love tells the truth, doesn't sugar coat it and pander.  MOM don't kill your baby today, you will regret it, give yourself and your child a chance, you never know what you are capable of until you give yourself the opportunity.  Yet the abortion advocates love to say those who stand at clinics are ppl who hate and spew insults, and are dangerous.  I am sure there has been a nut case here and there, but they are not the norm. What the Abortion Providers hate is those ppl standing there take away business.

 

And that's my rant for the day.

6 comments:

  1. I whole-heartedly agree with your entire entry. I first learned about it bright and early one morning and i burst into tears. I told my husband, "It's not something to be proud of!" and burst into tears. It's taken me a very long time to come to terms with the guilt and agony of the entire situation. To have them exploit someone's hell for profit is just cruel.

    I am different from you as I still believe in a woman's right to choose. But I believe that they will live with that decision, either way, for the rest of their lives. I don't advocate or preach either side. I only believe for myself. Knowing I would never do anything like that again, it does not affect me. I respect everyone's opinion. I have mine and will voice it only when someone asks. Heck, I have enough trouble making my own life decisions LOL I can't make the decisions for the world. :)

    I loved your post and just had to respond. My heart goes out to those who are so proud they feel they have to flaunt it with a t-shirt. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree tottally with all you said here. I dont know anyone who had one that woudl advertise it like  this. Yes I also agree you cant get anyone to change thier minds by berating them. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you said one hundred percent.  As a fellow person (sidewalk counselor) who has stood outside these "slaughter houses", I have talked to many women and changed their minds before they went in (of course it was the Lor's grace that changed their minds).  You can't do that if you are screaming insults.  The women who are getting abortions are just saying that they are insults because they feel guilty for what they are doing.  That is why they are wearing these T-shirts too I think.  Not because they feel that they are proud of their abortion, but because they are feeling guilty about it, and they have to wear the shirt as a group, pretending like they are not feeling guilty.  That is what I think.  That is why they are so in your face about it.  That is why they advertise, because they feel so guilty and are trying to justify.  But deep inside they feel real bad.  I feel sorry for them.  May they come to know God and His love, and then they will receive true forgiveness and peace.  Thank you for doing this great entry. -Krissy
    http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink  

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have known quite a few women who have had abortions. I was actually surprised to hear these women had had an abortion. None of them were proud of it. None of them would have worn a T-shirt to advertise it. All these women are wonderful beings and the circumstances were ones which at the time they felt it was the best thing to do.  I am pro choice. I feel we cannot legislate morality. I myself could never have had an abortion. This is a very volitile subject and I have personally witnessed "Christains" standing in front of women's clinics yelling, intimidating and just being downright hateful. This too is a sin. Abortions will continue to occur just as they have for thousands of years. I would rather see it happen in a healthy enviroment than on a back street, dirty room. Thank you for opening up this topic for discussion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh geeeeeeeez No I dont think so

    ReplyDelete
  6. A christian organization has put out a response to this T-shirt!  It says "I had a baby" with a Bible verse on it!!!!!  I was so excited when I found that out!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete