Friday, August 27, 2004

Got the audio from TRACY THANKS!!!!

the little girl (click to play song)

Little Girl: John Michael Montgomery. Please help keep Coquet Shack alive! Click here and follow the instructions. Buy
John Michael Montgomery
music here

Her parents never took the young girl to church,
Never spoke of His name,
Never read her His word.
Two non-believers walking lost in this world,
Took their baby with them,
What a sad little girl.

Her daddy drank all day and mommy did drugs.
Never wanted to play,
Or give kisses and hugs.
She'd watch the TV and sit there on the couch,
While her mom fell asleep,
And her daddy went out.

    And the drinking and the fighting,
    Just got worse every night.
    Behind their couch, she'd be hiding:
    Oh, what a sad little life.

And like it always does, the bad just got worse,
With every slap,
And every curse.
Until her daddy, in a drunk rage one night,
Used a gun on her mom,
And then took his life.

    And some people from the city,
    Took the girl far away.
    To a new mom and dad:
    Kisses and hugs everyday.

Her first day of Sunday school the teacher walked in,
And a small little girl,
Stared a picture of Him.
She said I know that man up there on that cross,
I don't know His name,
But I know He got off.

    'Cause he was there in my old house
    And held me close to His side.
    As I hid there, behind our couch,
    The night that my parents died.

Written by Harley Allen.
(© Coburn Music.)
From "Brand New Me", © 2000, Atlantic.

Coquet Shack, © 2004, John D. Lewis.

3 comments:

  1. sad song. Im kind of down right now. My stupid grandmother wel this lab he is so sweet been running loose in the hood for three weeks and I been feedingit. Well my granny she threw rock s at it almost got it hit. !!!!!!!!! I m so upse t its so good with my dogs and kids and just so sweet. such a sweety. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet sad song........  I have heard it before, and I always cry!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad song but true to so many, sadly. It always makes me cry and think about things. God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete