Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Kids went for a cleaning yesterday

I thought it would be less of a hassle and less time consuming to take all 4 kids in at once to get their teeth cleaned.  Zane and Annie was wayyyyyy over due and Lilly and Sophia had never been.

It is cute how Sophia kept calling the dentist the doctor. She knew he helped me when I had a big ouchie.  I was very please with how the children acted and behaved.  I was glad they was not nervous.  Lilly and Zane was first.  Lilly watched Zane get his cleaned and checked and Sophia watched Annie get hers done.  They LOVED It that they got to wear sun glasses while they was in the chair, so the light wouldn't bother their eyes.  The hygienists was really good with them and explaining in kid terms what everything was and how to kiss Mr. thirsty to get rid of your spit lol.  What was really cool was they took panoramic x-rays of Zane and Annie and you could see the adult teeth that are getting ready to pop up.  I am pleased to say that All but ONE of my children are cavity free!  Zane my oldest has 4 of them!!!! Scratching my head, because all my kids are very religious about brushing their teeth.  I can see maybe one but four of the? UGH!  OK yes I have not been one to push the flossing, and I know that is important too, so we are going to work on that.  So Zane has two appointments coming up, one for each side of his mouth.  Ofcourse they recommend the sealants for both of the older two children.  Two sealant for each kid, $55 for each kid!  And over $150 for Zane's fillings because the dentist does the clear ones not the old silver fillings.  How are we going to pay for all this? Already about over dawn at the bank..  In baby steps I guess.

Something the dentist kinda took me aside about was when he told Zane he had to get fillings I told Zane not to worry about it, it wont hurt.  The dentist said I shouldn't have said that.  I should act like it is no big deal, just another dental appointment.  If I keep telling him it wont hurt he may become worried about coming in cuz he will think well maybe there is something to worry about if I make a big deal of it. (eye roll here) but he may have a point.

Also have you guys heard about Stop The Pop Campaign??  I think most dentist are in it and are telling parents and children about it.  About drinking soda and how we should drink less and the damage it is doing to our teeth.  Recommends if we do drink soda that we drink it from a straw instead of sip it from the can or bottle, less contact with the teeth and also to rinse our mouth out with water after we are done drinking soda.  I can say that drinking as much soda as I do has contributed to my dental problems. I am going to make an effort to drink more water than soda, but it is so hard since I am so addicted lol. But I know in the past when I have done this I have lost weight and my general health is better.

As a reward for being good the kids all got balloons and new tooth brushes and floss ohhhh and got to pic a little toy out of a toy box. Ofcourse the kids want to go back for more but I told them they have to wait six months to see them again. With the exception to Zane and Annie for the sealants and Zane's fillings.  I also took them to the park after we was all done as a reward.  You know all the balloons are gone by today lol always are and I have to hear the crying about it.

I had a passing thought yesterday.  That I should make a website called HELP MARY SMILE and solicate help for the funds needed to get all my dentail work done. Checks payable ofcourse right to my dentist.  I have seen some like that for boob jobs and paying for college and paying off big debuts.  Kinda tacky I know.  Almost like panhandeling huh? It was just a passing thought lol.  God will provide.  I did call the Oral Surgan for a consultation appointment. 4:00 on the 24th.

4 comments:

  1. yeah I have a book on Gods keys to health and happienesss and it talks baout all that carbonation does. Its very ahrd on yoru teeth we drink spring water. We love it we have a water cooler in our house and its cold cold cold. It has to be highbridge springs though. Its right here in ky and you can taste the difference. Heywho knows you might get some funds if you had a web site. You never know. I mean who planson having all thier teeth out so early. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fortunate because I never drink soda. My favorite drink is water. After that it's Orange juice. Hugs. **Barb**

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the names you chose for your children!  They are beautiful!!!!!!!!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mary, how old are the kids?
    Gosh they are so cute.... Good luck with it all!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete