Wednesday, August 18, 2004

The Hamm connection and Hurting J~Land Friends

CNN.com - Hamm stumbles, then soars to gold - Aug 18, 2004

Paul HammWAY TO GO!!!!!!!

It was so cool to see this story unfold on t.v. tonight!  I felt a connection to this young man on many levels lol and I am proud of him.  His last name is the same as mine, but pronounced differently.  Mine is pronounced like the ham and eggs and his is more German sounding, like hawwm.  No relation to him or Mia Hamm but its still cool to point out to our kids, hey they has our same name.  Another thing is he is from Wisconsin, in a city not far from Milwaukee and I have lived there too!  Just another one of those interesting connections.  And ofcourse he is from the USA! All those things combined you know I was rooting for him, even when he messed up in the beginning, and that is part of the drama, that he was able to make Gold after coming from so far behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems like almost every journal I have read tonight has had emotional and heart wrenching entries.  I cried with each one.  For those who are out side of AOL J~Land that may seem silly, that we can weep with ppl we hardly know but I think it is very normal now.  I do feel like a friend who has been allowed into their world and I feel honored that some have felt free enough to share with me things that are so deep and personal. Each tear I cry is for them and with them.  It is really amazing the support system here, created by accident, but still it is here.  There was one entry that I literally wanted to hold this friend and hug them and tell them how much they mean to me and look them in the eye so they KNEW it was truth, but I can only do that with my written word and I hope this friend felt the emotion behind it.

There is soooooo much evil in this World and I get so mad at the ppl who are like conduits for it, but then I have to step back and remember that I have to love that person and see them as Jesus sees them.  I have to remember that it is Satan who is out to kill, steal and destroy and often the person who is causing the hurt has themselves been hurt deeply.  Many ppl are lost and hurting and need the Love of GOD.  I know I was one of them and now that I have his Love and know it's truth, I can't think of how my life could possible go on without it. 

Here is a link to a webpage I made about my past hurts and how God stepped into my life.  I read it again tonight and cried even more.  I know I have posted it before and it's in my links section, but for those who may have missed it, I encourage, I invite, I ask you to read it.

Mary's Testimony, Who I was before..

7 comments:

  1. Yes iagreeeee. J land is such a great support system. I do wish at times I could reach thru the screen and hug people. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!  How are you?  First thank you as always for stopping by, I love seeing you and reading your comments, in one way or another you always seems to but a smile on my face.  Second, you are so right about the suppost system.  We have made a lot of friends, as you do, I want to do the same.  I am glad that AOL has created this option of a journal, if for nothing else I have meet some great people, and especially you.  Talk to you soon... BIG HUGS... Ann

    http://journals.aol.com/annieoh74/TheTruthawaytoventandthinkinword

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right....lots of pain in this world.  We have hope though...hope in God.  He will make it all better when the time is right.  Til then, we just press on toward that prize =)
    Great entry!!!
    <><
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to this entry, as I'm sure your other readers will. I am deeply touched by online friends as well. It pleasures me so much to see how many people there are willing and ready to express their faith, and even better, to reach out to hurting people. The people I've met here are my second family. That includes you. Hugs...*barb*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your testimony before, but reread it now. Awesome testimony. So happy you are working for the kingdom of God! God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take a look at your testimony!  Thanks for being so open to sharing!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must have been a tearful day for everyone.  Thankfully, God is near when we are in pain.
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete