Friday, August 27, 2004

Weekend Assignment... I BETTER GET DOULBE BONUS POINTS! LOL

Weekend Assignment #21: Everyone had a subject in school they like better than all the rest. What was yours? And what's the most memorable thing you learned?

Alternate Assignment: If you can't think of a specific class or subject you liked the most, which grade of school has the best memories?

Extra Credit: Class pictures

That first pic is right out of my Jr. year in the High School Year Book at Green Valley, Las Vegas.  The captions reads: Mary Anderson feels that if she sleeps long enough on her book, some of that knowledge will soak into her brain.  Many students celebrated the miracle of osmosis beyond their science class.  LMBO Ok first off... I posed for that picture when the year book geeks asked me to! NO REALLY I DID! Josh doesn't believe me, but that is the truth. But, I was famous for snoring in class here and there, so it was fitting they asked me to pose.  Second thing is ughhhh what a picture.. I look yucky lol notice the flannel? Grunge was sooooo in and I was with it with my flannel and Doc Martin Boots.  I think I should get bonus points for being so brave! I went out to the garage to fetch my old year book and fought off pissed off spiders and crickets! I dug threw a bunch of dusty boxes but I found a gold mine of memories.  I will get to the journal assignment in a sec.. but I have to write about all I found lol.

I found my old binder from Psychology 101 from collage and it has all these notes! lol who knew I actually took notes and wrote essays! I also found an old prayer journal, I will have to start writing in it again, after I read the old entries to see what prayers actually have been answered. I found an old sketch pad with some not too bad drawings. Remembering now, I used to like to draw?! I also found a whole butt load of pics that somehow got omitted from my album.  And the prize find.. Old love letters from old boy friends and notes from school that friends would pass to me! Who knew I was such a pack rat!  I should go in the garage more often, but then I would have to fight the spiders.  Here is a list of songs from one of the old letters a boyfriend wrote me, I have to search these out and listen to them! BTW Josh saw it and asked why would I want to keep that lol (cuz it wasn't from him) and he kinda gave me a pissy look, but hey, I thought he threw them out last time he cleaned the garage! That is why it is bonus for me, I wanted to reread them just once before he did that. OK the songs..

Stevie B.......... I wanna be the one  

Color Me Badd....I Adore Mi Amour (mmm)

Linear.............Sending All My Love (oh i used to love that one)

Micheal Jackson...... Do you remember the time

Timmy T.................One More Try

Can you tell from the song collection this BF was trying to get back together with me? lol NOPE he should have been listening to En Vogue.. You're Never Going To Get It.   OK enough of memory lane and on to my homework assignment lol

I had gone to like 5 high schools since we moved so much and also depending on what crowd I was hanging with reflected my academic career.  If I actually applied myself I got A's and B's but towards the end there and before Zane I would skip school all the time and partied a lot so I really didn't do very well.  I had to go an extra five months of school to actually graduate for lack of credits.  I finished them up at an alternative school in Milwaukee called Lady Pitts.  It was where they sent the pregnant girls but I had already had Zane.  They had just started up what was referred to the basement program (cuz it was in the basement) for those who only needed those few credits to graduate.  I graduated in Jan. on my birthday.  It was also a requirement of Josh's that I finish school before we got married, and I am glad he made me go.  I wish early on in my High School days someone would have pulled me aside and said "HEY, if you want to go on to collage these years count, don't F*ck them up" I don't know if my parents ever had hoped for me to go to collage, they never really talked to me about it or encouraged me to do extra curricular stuff that would look good on applications.  A mistake that WILL NOT be repeated with my own children.

OK so what was my fav subject in school??? hummm Well I remember I loved learning computers at Lady Pitts.  I was about the only girl who was able to take that and the teacher was very cool. He was going to even use is own credit card so there could be a Internet connection but since it was in the basement no phone line.. bummer.  I also enjoyed my government class there since it was the first year I could vote. Ugh I voted for Clinton BTW lol You want to know why?? Because he appeared on MTV LMBO.

I took two semesters of collage and I so long to go back. It is on the list. When all my kids are in school (2yrs away) I plan on going full time and maybe one day being a teacher.  I really loved the creative writing class I took and I really wish the disk I used to keep my writing on was found.  I think I have it but it is so old it doesn't work and is not formatted to this computer.  But I think my fav class, now that I am thinking about it was Psychology.  At first I was kinda pissed that I was required to take it.  I had taken beginning to Psychology in High School and I liked it a lot but the teacher knew I was a stoner and kinda made me an example lol but I will say SHE SCARED MY BUTT away from doing anything harder than weed. Learning how the brain works and the effects of Speed and Crack on it really worked in keeping me away from the stuff.  My friends hated me when I was into that class, cuz I acted like I knew how to analyze them lol. Also because of a class assignment from that class I had a great conversation with my dad about death.  This was before we knew he had cancer.  My assignment had something to do with assisted suicide and Dr. Korvorkin. One of those rare times I shared my work with my dad and he was kinda upset with the conclusion I had drawn. I was for it.  And this lead into a really eye opening conversation with my dad about what he believes after we die and why that would be wrong to take a life before God's timing. Helps me to know now since he has passed that he did have faith.

 I liked the one I took in Collage, it was a refresher and more detailed.  Thumbing threw the binder I see an easy or two I wrote, some of it looks like I BS threw it but not too bad I think.  I think sometimes I may have made a good councilor.  Shoot all my friends seem to think they can vent to me about everything and always ask my opinion.  Sometimes that can be overwhelming when really all I want to do is talk about my own probs of the moment.  But I like the thought that I can be positive and helpful.  Who knows?? Maybe a career path someday, oneday.  There are not enough Christian Councilors I think.

4 comments:

  1. I love the class pics and all the pics. YOur hair looked soooooo pretty andyou too in the pics in the black dress. those are awsome pics. I loved them all. Really get to see you alot here and know you better. boy you sure put allot of work inot this assignment. I never have time for weekend assignments. But I sure do enjoy reading others. Lori HEY I GIVE YOU DOUBLE TRIPPLE BONUS PONITS !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! Love the one with the beautuiful white dress ! God bless, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice photos!  I love taking trips down memory lane as well.  I hope you follow your dreams and return to school.  Always be specific in what you ask God, and he will grant you your heart's desires.
    (((hugs))))
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos!  That was some dress (your mall one with the big bow!) ;-)
    ~jerseygirl
    http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

    ReplyDelete