Tuesday, August 17, 2004

It's a love/hate relationship with Mr King!

Ok so instead of going on my mega cleaning spree I finished my book "Song Of Susanna" the VI book in the Dark Tower by Stephen King.  As always he messes up the ending and leaves you haning with these books!!  I have many cuss words I would like to spew right now lol but what good would it do, guess I will have to look for the next book when it comes out in Sep.  I wonder if I can reserve it before it comes out with the library?? LOL doubt that!

about to do rant so..

WARNING SPOILER IF YOU HAVNT READ THIS BOOK AND WANT TO...

 

WTH (what the heck instead of the F)? HE PUTS HIMSELF IN THE BOOK??? AND KILLS HIMSELF??  Come oonnnn isnt that a bit.. what's the word? norsistic? lol  But I guess if this is to be his LOTR and his grand fanaly he would do that.  Does he think he should of died in his car accident and wishes that he did so he writes it in???  If that happened he forsure would of had a bunch of pissed off fans and that would probly hold many a vodoo sayonsas to bring him back from Hell so he could finish the darn thing.  OK. it has been very obvoious threw out all his writtings there are refrances to this series of books and all along he has been writting it out using these other books, as suddle as the hints are, you can see them.  I noticed that longggg ago.  It's that hook that makes you want to go out and by the next one he writes, and it sucks, and I long ago gave up on reading all his works.  ONE MORE MONTH and I can move on and never look back.

END OF RANT... Resume reading now..

So I came on here about two hours ago to do this entry and got side tracked looking for Stephen King or Dark Tower blinkies...but I guess there just isn't any out there!  This is when I wish I knew how to make the!  But what I did find is there are a bunch of twisted fans out there lol.  I really enjoyed this one site that made his own funny cartoons about the gunslinger and oh the Man in black for President.. a must see for any fan!  So the best I could find was some of this art work.  I love the one with the roses, and Roland giving you that Dirty Harry glare.. gurrrrrrr (can you tell I am counting down till Josh gets home *blush*)

        

  

Some good links..

The Dark Tower- The Really Abridged Version (with the LMBO cartoons)

The Dark Tower Compendium -- www.DarkTowerCompendium.com (a must see site for any DT fan!!!!!!)

and ofcourse: StephenKing.com: The Official Stephen King Web Site 

and

The Dark Tower Official Web Site - move

5 comments:

  1. OH man I just cant sit down and read a book. Darn near impossible for me. I use to at one time. When the kids were small and I had four little stair steps OH Man. But when they get older you are bound by thier schdule thier wants and it actually takes up more of my time than when they were little. When they were little I dictated thier agenda. NOW They run my life. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY But I WILL Miss it when they move out!!!!!!!! No doubt I ll probably be so bored but Illbe blind by then and wont be able toread at the rate I am going LOL Lori PS HEY BOOKS ON TAPE YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never read creepy steven king books or watch creepy steven king movies. Not my thing. But I do know what it's like to be totally into a story just to run into a stupid ending and you wanna scream and nobody cares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...I like Stephen King but could never get into the Dark Tower books.  Charlie loved them though and can't wait to read the latest one...he's just been waiting for it to come out in paper back.  Hmmmm, maybe I could get that for him for his birthday in September.  He wanted his lifetime hunting and fishing license, and I was going to get it for him but just found out it costs $750!!!  Granted, it pays for itself before long, but sheesh!

    Sammie  :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To all the new comers to my Journal.. thanks for stopping by!  This entry was written, what seems like forever ago, and as you can see it has many spelling and gramer errors, that is what happens when I don't do the spell check and am doing an entry quickly.  Ofcourse it would be the one that gets attention, just my luck! lol  
    Here is a link to the entry I wrote about me being on the Talks and Review screen.. http://journals.aol.com/hunybea4him/HunybeasOpenJournal/entries/786
    there you will find another link for the review of The Lovely Bones!

    Enjoy my simple blog, comments are encouraged ya know!
    Much Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete