Wednesday, October 29, 2003

For His Name's Sake

         When I became a Christian I was not fully aware of the cost but that is fine, cuz I gladly gave him everything, my whole life.  But when I started loosing friends and noticing I was the outsider I was surprised.  But then I read my Bible and came to understand why and that this is to be expected. Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.Matthew 19:29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.Luke 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute [you], delivering [you] up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.John 15:21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

No I am not facing death(yet) and not blantanly being discrimated agenst (yet).  It is the little things that stick out and recently it has been one thing after another.  But I am encouraged.  And I have to remember it is not ME that is being rejected but the ONE who lives with in me. And I got to wonder if you are a Christian and are not facing these things, why is that?  Are you conforming to this World too much? He will reward me for each tear I cry, and for each hurt that I endure.  Even if there was not a reward in Heaven, it wouldnt matter to me, because the gift of salvation is reward engh for me.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true about the losing of the wordly friiends once you accept Christ and then start living the way you are suppose to. john

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an encouraging entry!

    "And I got to wonder if you are a Christian and are not facing these things, why is that? Are you conforming to this World too much?"

    Thank you for giving me something to think about. God bless!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete