Friday, October 3, 2003

Is there a gay gene? Does Science prove there is a God?

Thoughts From A Collapsed Brain This is a journal entry that deals with this person's past and the question about if someone is born gay. John argues that NO, men are not born this way but that there events leading to this choice. I posted a comment about how I agreed with him on that. Not that I condone this or anything. Then someone else left a comment quoting the American Medical Journal that it is a proven fact that there is a gay gene. This raised my eyebrow a bit and I just had to find this article.

So after doing a search threw the AMJ and not turning it up I e-mailed this person and asked where he got it from so that I may read it or cite the Volume and Issue # so that I may do my own research. He very kindly replyed with this webpageIs There a "Gay Gene"? And apologized for miss quoting but that he had been fooled by the media and he miss read, but he hopes in the future it could be proven. I responded with a nice Thank YOU and said my peace that I do not think it will ever be answered by science
Because God doesn't create mistakes and that in his eyes that is what the gay lifestyle is, a mistake. But he loves ppl despite their past mistakes. And I wished him much love. Sadly this person responded back saying "he doesn't believe in a god and prefers to believe in science but to each his own" Sigh, but science does prove God! If you look at it all it all leads to a design, that we couldn't have just been some accidental evolutionary phoneme. Oh well, more clash of World Views. I will pray for him tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your redemptive perspective. It is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://journals.aol.com/palady18blfan/TheseAretheDaysofMyLife/entries/104 sorry, i had to much to say so i decide to make an entry of it.. have a good sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a question similiar to this in my journal. can a christian be gay? i have a friend who belives and says he is a christian but he is gay. and i have some friends that said its a lifestyle choice like any other sin we do. but another friend of mine said that if he was really a christian we have the Holy SPirit telling us that something is worng. just a thought! love your journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it very interesting that the gay lifestyle had been accepted for thousands of years in every culture until "christian" religions were established. Could it be that they find the gay lifestyle a threat?????

    ReplyDelete