Thursday, October 23, 2003

When friends grow apart (1)

I have moved around in my life and have friends that live all over.  Sometimes we talk alot or some times will go for years.  And that is cool, cuz I know all I have to do is pick up the phone and they will be there.  Those are the friends that you hide in your heart and when they come to mind you smile.

But today I am thinking of a friendship that my husband and I had with another couple who lives here in our area, not even a 45 min. drive. S and B (not going to use names here) When we first moved here to the St. Louis area 7yrs ago, they reached out to us and befriended us.  They where the first neighbors we ever talked to.  We hardly knew them and they gave our two kids at the time Christmas gifts.  Very touching to us.  Josh and I where like only 20 and they where about 10 yrs or so older than us.  But they where still kids at heart lol but they taught us alot about life and we partied with them and have such good memories with them. They taught us to apreshate wine and good food, they taught us about camping and grilling and showed us where all the good party spots in the area are. They got us into keeping fish and snakes, something Josh still talks about getting back into.  Our kids called them Aunt and Uncle and they loved them.  Even when we moved on the other side of town we still went to see them on the weekends and hung at thier place.  And they would come for the kids birthday parites. And I don't think it was just the parting but also we shared in each others sorrows.

We love them very much still.  It has been since the begining of summer since we have seen them and I think we have talked on the phone a few times but not much of anythng of substance ya know.  It makes me sad that we have grown so far apart.  And even sadder that I know the reason.  The rift started when we did move, but distance wasn't the problem, it was when I changed, when I fell in love with the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment