Saturday, October 4, 2003

Parnets must make sure thier kids rights are being seen to

As you all know my children are about the biggest thing in my life right now. It is starting to get busy! I don't remember being this busy as a kid lol. I have tried to limit what we get ourselves into, my motto, Pick a few things to do Well, instead of doing a lot of things that we cannot put as much effort in. My son has wanted to sign up for about every club there is but I had to sit him down and ask him what his interest really are and limit what he wants to do. So far he is in BoyScouts and an after school club called K4C (Kids4Christ) and soon he will be starting up wrestling and oh ya he is doing Science Fair this year. I am so proud of my little guy, he is doing so well in school and would do even better if he would not try and rush threw things and give attention to detail. Got his mid term progress report All A's with one B in Science (lol I know it would have been an A if he would not rush threw it cuz details count in this area big time) He must get his smarts from his dad, cuz it is not from me lol. He is very sensitive to world around him, he is helpful, caring.. I know I could go on and on lol

Anyway I was reading the school news letter that the Principal puts out each month. It is very helpful to see things at a glance but I was rather sad when just about EVERY CLUB was mentioned in some way but the one my son decided to join. OK now folk I am a mom on a mission and I will have to make another post about it lol. But I have been well informed on what students rights are in regards to non-school endorsed club activites and also what the students rights are in regards to religous expression.  Thank you Gateways to Better Education!!  I know that many of the teachers in P.S. have been bullied and intimdated and often don't really know what the law says, so its the job of parents like me to make sure my kids rights are seen to.  Now I am not one of those moms who is flabergasted at every little thing, and normaly I would not step out like this, but God has laid it on my heart so I must obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment