Friday, October 24, 2003

"> Annie my first grader crying her eyes out this morning cuz she dosn't have a costume to wear to her party at school today.  She wanted to be a bride, but dosnt tell me till this morning.  We don't dress up for Halloween and so we dont have costumes on hand ya know.  This is frustrating to see my baby cry, but I tell her that I love her and that we are differnt from others, just cuz some ppl do things, dont mean we have too.  We are set apart and Jesus will reward you for every tear you cry. (will have to go into that in another post)"Blow it off, Blow it off" I was screeming in my head this morning.  But NOooo I had to be resposible and make my commitments. I had a 10'oclock meeting this morning and half an hour to get me and the girls dressed for it and make it there.  I signed up to be on the commitie for the G.S. niehborhood December party.  I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, I have helped plan stuff before with Head Start.  Then I went to the Birthday Bash last Friday and saw how big a deal those things can be.  Over 150 girls came to that function!  And they say that not all the troops in our area regestred and that the December one will be even bigger. We are planning on at least 200 girls. YIKES And we have to have this planned by Nov. 11th's Leader meeting so we can hand out the fliers.  So I go to the meeting with my 2yrd and 3yrd girls in tow.  I asumed that since this was for Girl Scouts that these would be with all moms with younger kids like me.  Wrong! Don't ever asume anything, cuz like Ross on Friends say "When you asume you make an Ass out of U and Me" lol  All older mom's with older kids and ones getting ready to have grandkids.  The house we met at was one of those Look but Don't Touch houses.  Not little kid friendly at all and there was nothing to keep my girls occupied while we planned.  So I spent most of my time chasing them and trying to get them to sit and color or something.  Finaly I just said "Give ME A JOB to do, cuz I got to go."  I am so disapointed cuz I was looking forward to be involved more. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been there and done that and hated it more than this toothache, lol!{ Thanks for visiting my journal.} At least all of the ladies there are moms , so we can bet they have been there too! Siempre, Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw she wanted to be a bride! That is too cute...that would be an interesting entry you mentioned...anyway hope that partayy works out.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete