Thursday, October 23, 2003

(part 2) When friends grow apart

 When I became a Christian, Right away S started in on me about it. I was not prepared for confirntation and at the time was nocked off kilter when he started to grill me.  So yes untill I became stronger in the Lord I put some distnace there, but I never told Josh not to talk with him or see them.  And he did still go and see them and hang out with them.  And in time I too went over there and we would just hang out like old times.  I admit I fell to temptation and smoked out with them some and maybe drank more than I should of.  I was still growing. But I have always loved them, and tryed not to be too preachy or come on strong.  In fact I never was the one to bring it up lol S always did. He has made progress, at least now he admits there is a God, but he can't wrap his head around the concept that Jesus died for all and that to recive him, no matter how bad your sin is, that you will be forgiven.  He dosn't think it is fair that the really really bad ppl should get a second chance or that God can be so cruel cuz he lets all this suffering go on to inocent ppl. ( I could do a whole other post on that lol). I know God is working on S heart and I know he has been burned in the past by religion while he was growing up.  But I know one day God will break threw that wall.  Anyways back to my point.  I called them last weekend because of Zane's birthday party.  They have never been out to our new house and I so wanted them to come.  All I got was the voice mail.  I also as an after though(thats a lie, I prayed really hard before I even picked up the phone) invited them to church because I was going to get up and speak and give my testimonybut I knew they wouldn't come. Still didn't get a call back.  And I did e-mail them my webpage and a nice note about how much we miss them.  Still nothing.  I am not deance but I would like to assume that they are busy with thier lives and it is hard to pick up the cell or type a responce to an e-mail.  But saddly I think this is one of those friendships that has slipped away in to the OH I once knew them files.  But they are in my hearts and in my prayers always. I know that the world will hate us for Christ's name sake and that loosing this friendship hurts but it should be expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment