Wednesday, October 8, 2003

STRIKE

AOL Local Guide: St. Louis - Local News Grocery Workers STRIKE!!

 Basically all the grocery stores here are being picked and all the workers are on strike. Just a few, like the nonunion ones are OK to go to, but duh they are nonunion, so that kinda goes agenst that too. I am NOT a big Union activist person, but my husband is in the Painters Union and for us to go across a picket line is a big NO NO. I respect both sides of the coin. For those who strike, and DO NOT get paid for it, but stand up for what they believe is fair and I respect those who HAVE TO work because they need to feed their families. It is a hard position either way. BUT mean while, I have no MILK in the house and need my soda. What a dilemma. I went to China-Mart to get soda and milk but they was out of the Milk cuz all the stores closed yesterday at 7 and so they took the customers from that and sold out of the basic necessities. I hope this doesn't drag on for too long. Crossing fingers here BUT Not holding my breath.

Would love to hear all your comments on this one. :)

1 comment:

  1. Well this is a first for me. I have never heard of a grocery workers strike before. What/why exactly are they striking for?

    ReplyDelete